Turn off your battery percentage

redneck86

May 28, 2011
Visit site
After I completely discharged my phone 2 times (like wont turn on until on charger) it seems to be close to pre-5.0 battery life but its still a little be more hungry than it was.

Not using GPS services
No reminders going
15 min e-mail push
keep most apps for closed
no active blue tooth antenna
and im on wi-fi 90%+ of the time.
battery % on and off not sure if it helps

I know that using data on 3g is more of a power hog than on wi-fi so if you never have regular broadband I could see you having to charge your phone more.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I know that using data on 3g is more of a power hog than on wi-fi so if you never have regular broadband I could see you having to charge your phone more.

That's funny, I thought the opposite was true.

Mine was off on the 4s out of the box from Sprint so I didn't even know it could display the percentage for nearly a week. After trying it on for a few days I decided I prefer to have it off. It easily lasts me over a day with frequent use and that's all I care about. Having it on makes me worry needlessly.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
That's funny, I thought the opposite was true.

Mine was off on the 4s out of the box from Sprint so I didn't even know it could display the percentage for nearly a week. After trying it on for a few days I decided I prefer to have it off. It easily lasts me over a day with frequent use and that's all I care about. Having it on makes me worry needlessly.

+1

The needless worrying!

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The question is less "how long of standby" have you had and more "how much usage have you had".

Do you have picts of your usage and standby stats from your phone?

Finally got the phone back down kind of low. Here is a screen shot showing standby, usage, and how much battery is left. I'll take another screen shot when I get lower.

c72fd09f.jpg

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Finally got the phone back down kind of low. Here is a screen shot showing standby, usage, and how much battery is left. I'll take another screen shot when I get lower.

Click to view quoted image

This is pretty typical to what I'm seeing. I'll get about 6-8 hours of usage with a Day+ of standy on a full charge. It definitely has more to do with the USAGE than the standby though ;)

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is pretty typical to what I'm seeing. I'll get about 6-8 hours of usage with a Day+ of standy on a full charge. It definitely has more to do with the USAGE than the standby though ;)

Absolutely it does. You're not going to see 24 hours of standby with 12 hours of usage. But once all the bugs are worked out of the phone (hopefully with the next update) everyone should be seeing usage along those lines.

Turbo_lemon

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I swear and stand by my 4 experience that having the percentage off makes my battery last 30-45 mins longer call me crazy don't believe me I don't care but I never run my percentage meter and find my battery although not as good as on my 4 is not terrible and gets me thru most days just fine.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I swear and stand by my 4 experience that having the percentage off makes my battery last 30-45 mins longer call me crazy don't believe me I don't care but I never run my percentage meter and find my battery although not as good as on my 4 is not terrible and gets me thru most days just fine.

whether the percentage is on or off its not going to make you have longer life.. you may think your getting longer life but I pretty much guarantee your not. I get through a day easy with the percentage on....

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I can get through a day with the percentage on or off but I prefer to leave it off because watching that number drop gives me a friggin headache. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR