Small Issues since update/reboot

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey TiPb Users,

I just did a reboot on my phone since it was a little sluggish and this is the first reboot since updating to 5.0.1 on my AT&T 4S. After the reboot I lost a few of my settings like, brightness level, battery percentage showing, default ringtone/text msg tone, and text message preview not showing.

I've fixed all except for the text message preview. I now don't have the option to turn the preview off under messages in settings. This option is completely gone. Has this happened to anyone else, am I looking in the right place? Any recommendations on how to fix this? How can I restore from an iCloud back up if need be?

Also, is there a way to clear out a notification on the notification center once I push on it without having to go back and "X" it out? i.e: If I see a email banner come through, pull down the notification center and chose that email, is there a setting to clear it out the notification at the same time w/o have to go back and clear it out?

Thanks for the help. Getting tired of these small bugs.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Once the email is marked as read it should clear it from notification center ( at least that's how it works with my email accounts....my email accounts are setup via IMAP & Exchange though, so YMMV ).

As per your text message settings, try under notifications.

FrankRow

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Once the email is marked as read it should clear it from notification center ( at least that's how it works with my email accounts....my email accounts are setup via IMAP & Exchange though, so YMMV ).

As per your text message settings, try under notifications.
Thanks for the quick reply. I found the text message setting where you said as well as the email clears out once read. I never noticed that. Do you know if there is a way to clear out the app alerts once their clicked on as well?

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I found the text message setting where you said as well as the email clears out once read. I never noticed that. Do you know if there is a way to clear out the app alerts once their clicked on as well?

That should be automatic as well. I had the same issue as you with apps (WWF) not clearing out in Notification Center and not getting voicemail notifications after I upgraded to 5.0.1, but a reboot seems to have fixed both issues.

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

Apps need to be updated to clear out their notifications once they've been opened.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73