Which to get?

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating between getting a 4 (a shop near me still has 16gb in stock and are selling them for $99) or a 4S and have a couple questions that will hopefully help me decide.

The big question is Siri vs jailbreak. Siri looks really cool and I'd like to have it. I jailbreak solely for lockinfo. I like having my todo list on the lock screen for a quick glance. I ran my iPad without a jb to see how I'd like it but notification center doesn't seem to cut it.

Does the use of Siri count against your data limit if I can't get my unlimited back?

How often does Siri not work? My father in law has a 4s and the twice I've tried messing with siri it wouldn't connect. Does this happen often enough that it's not reliable?

That's it for now. I may have more here shortly.

Thank you.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If I were you, I wouldn't wast my upgrade on a phone that is already a year and a half old. If you're goig to use an upgrade, get the 4S. I'm sure there will be a jailbreak available for the 4S sooner or later. About Siri, I use it all the time, and rarely get the can't connect to the network issue. Yes siri does count against your data limit, but it's a really low amount. My usage from my 4 to 4S really isn't any different.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would go for the 4s. Though I am happy with my 4 still, like states don't waste your upgrade on a phone already out for as long as it has been. But then again, I did it for my wife. I got her 4 at a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'm going to go for the 4S. I'm not so much worried about using the upgrade as much as the point of buying something already so old. And I guess worse comes to worse I can find someone who will at the very least trade for an old 4.

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the article. I've read a bunch of them over the last few days, and none of them really helped me come to a conclusion, hence this thread. I have decided on a 4S. Now I'm just trying to find one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner