Jbroke 5.0.1 w/snowbreeze

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
i jailbroke my iphone 4 using snowbreeze lat night and all is working great. it also comes with a reboot utility called ibooty v2.3, and all of us know that after a jailbreak we need to reboot to get that good ol cydia to work for us. the problem here is i cant get my iphone into dfu to use ibooty. apparently it needs to be in dfu so the utility can see the device and do its thing. if anyone out there has jailbroken on 5.0.1 and has used this method. please fill me in on how to reboot with ibooty. Yes... i have googled how to boot into dfu. all i seen was how to get into recovery, which isnt what i need right now. Any help and suggestions are really appreciated. Thank you;):D

Glbosko53

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Your holding the power + home button for ten seconds, then releasing the power button, but continuing to hold the home button for ten more seconds? Should see a black screen and hear that iTunes recognizes the device. (turn device off and have it connected to your computer before doing this)

I'm new to jailbreaking, but that seems standard to get into dfu unless I'm missing something?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I did what you stated. When I do that the phone goes into recovery mode. Not dfu. I even tried doing this with the phone disconnected from my comp. no positive results there either. I'm stuck right now.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I did what you stated. When I do that the phone goes into recovery mode. Not dfu. I even tried doing this with the phone disconnected from my comp. no positive results there either. I'm stuck right now.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not... if I recall, redsn0w has a DFU boot mode that simply walks you through a DFU boot process that is a quick fix anytime you need to reboot a tethered jailbreak. Haven't used it myself, just heard it referenced in several other threads.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong but....
If you jailbreak with snowbreeze, you CAN NOT boot tethered with redsnow. They use different exploitation methods...
to get into DFU mode you plug your iDevice into your computer... Power down the device, then, IN THIS ORDER...
Hold down power and count three
Mississippis,
WHILE STILL HOLDING POWER,
Hold down the home button and count to 12 Mississippis,
CONTINUE TO HOLD HOME, BUT RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON and keep holding the home
Button until you see that your ibooty has recognized your device.... For good measure keep holding it until you know it's exploiting properly...

Nino18T

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Your holding the power + home button for ten seconds, then releasing the power button, but continuing to hold the home button for ten more seconds? Should see a black screen and hear that iTunes recognizes the device. (turn device off and have it connected to your computer before doing this)

I'm new to jailbreaking, but that seems standard to get into dfu unless I'm missing something?

Ran into the same issue...I accessed the "Extras" section in redsn0w to place my phone into Pwned dfu mode. I then ran iTunes to load up the snowbreeze firmware using Shift + Restore. Used iBooty to reboot in dfu mode and Cydia is back in da house! Try pressing the power button first for about 3-5 seconds, then both the power + home buttons until the boot logo disappears, let go the power button, and keep pressing the home button down. You should hear a sound come from your phone if successful. Make sure iTunes is up when rebooting. I found that if I closed iTunes while rebooting with iBooty, I was unsuccessful for some reason. Let me know if this works for you.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Is it working good now? Cause I tried to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 and it didn't work too well because it doesn't recognize iOS 5.0.1 so I tried to use the iOS 5.0 ipsw and it doesn't really work lol

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So you can jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 with snowbreze and then get the semi-tether in cydia and all is well? And do I need ibooty or whatever you guys were talking about before?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just grab snowbreeze. It will JB 5.0.1 now ibooty. That will install as part of the snowbreeze package. It'll self install after the break has been made. Semi-tether. I'm not sure it that works or not. Haven't checked it out nor do I know anything about it.

Just make sure you get snowbreeze to JB 5.0.1

Reactions: moneymike47

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2