Restore as New then Restore from Backup

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
After reading this article... Restore Your iPhone Without Losing Your Homescreen Organization I started doing my restores and minor iOS updates by restoring, then set up as a new phone. After it's done I right click on my phone in iTunes and select Restore from Backup and select the back up I synced right before I restored/updated.

Does anybody think this would add to any battery issues or any other issues? I like this because then apps are synced and back the way I had everything and the settings are what I had before also.

Thanks

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
After reading this article... Restore Your iPhone Without Losing Your Homescreen Organization I started doing my restores and minor iOS updates by restoring, then set up as a new phone. After it's done I right click on my phone in iTunes and select Restore from Backup and select the back up I synced right before I restored/updated.

Does anybody think this would add to any battery issues or any other issues? I like this because then apps are synced and back the way I had everything and the settings are what I had before also.

Thanks

I know many people swear that restoring as a backup just restores the problem, but in my experience, this doesn't seem to be true.

I came from a 4 to a 4s. I did the iCloud backup and restore when I got my 4s. It worked flawlessly and I had no battery issues. Then I upgraded to 5.0.1 OTA and my battery was draining like crazy.

Last night I did a restore in iTunes and restored as a backup from iCloud. My phone works great and has good battery life again.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I know many people swear that restoring as a backup just restores the problem, but in my experience, this doesn't seem to be true.

I came from a 4 to a 4s. I did the iCloud backup and restore when I got my 4s. It worked flawlessly and I had no battery issues. Then I upgraded to 5.0.1 OTA and my battery was draining like crazy.

Last night I did a restore in iTunes and restored as a backup from iCloud. My phone works great and has good battery life again.

if there is something in the backup that is corrupt with a setting or something it does restore it right back onto the phone... I have seen problems go away as a new device and go right back to being a problem once restoring the backup so this isnt a myth

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
if there is something in the backup that is corrupt with a setting or something it does restore it right back onto the phone... I have seen problems go away as a new device and go right back to being a problem once restoring the backup so this isnt a myth

This sounds very scientific. I've also heard people say that they restore to the official release because it is "cleaner code" than the GM. (eye roll)

flatlined#IM

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
My battery life has been better then it was on 5.0 and also doing this after a day on the OTA 5.0.1 update.

I think I'm going to do the restore again and set up as new this time and then not Restore from Backup and see if it makes any difference.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
This sounds very scientific. I've also heard people say that they restore to the official release because it is "cleaner code" than the GM. (eye roll)

there may be differences in the official release who knows but I do know that backups can get corrupt..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73