Anybody notice that the lockscreen animation skips a beat?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
If I wait a few minutes, the turn on my iPhone 4S screen, the "slide to unlock" highlighting animation begins to glow but skips back to the start right after it glows past "slide". It's a small thing but really looks weird when it skips like that every time I unlock after a minute of standby time..

Another thing that bugs me less is that the animation stops moving altogether when scrolling up and down through new notifications on the lockscreen.

Both of these issues are very minor but also very un-apple-like. Does anybody else have similar lock screen animation skips? (or better yet, can explain how to fix it or why it does that?)

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
If I wait a few minutes, the turn on my iPhone 4S screen, the "slide to unlock" highlighting animation begins to glow but skips back to the start right after it glows past "slide". It's a small thing but really looks weird when it skips like that every time I unlock after a minute of standby time..

Another thing that bugs me less is that the animation stops moving altogether when scrolling up and down through new notifications on the lockscreen.

Both of these issues are very minor but also very un-apple-like. Does anybody else have similar lock screen animation skips? (or better yet, can explain how to fix it or why it does that?)

no I dont have these problems.. try rebooting your phone by holding the home button and sleep wake button for 15 seconds until you see the apple logo ignoring the slide to unlock... if that doesn't work you can try restoring your phone

Reactions: tyler_zyco

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I tried the hard reset but to no avail.
I did a restore too and the glowing animation skip problem still persists..
I appreciate your response though, noaim.

Anybody else? :(

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Did you restore as a new device?

This doesn't happen on my iPhone 4, though I've seen it pause during the animation due to an incoming call ( happened pre 5.0 too )

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If its the fact that your data is corrupted, not restoring as new, puts the same corrupted data back on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Engire

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine does it also but you really have to look for it. Not sure it's a problem as it does not seem to effect the phone in any way.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Even on factory settings with no data on the phone, I get the same problems.. :/

I suggest you schedule an appointment at an apple store to see a genius.. this is not normal behavior and something might be wrong with the hardware in your phone..

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
My ip4 has developed an annoying habit: sometimes when I unlock it with the sleep button, it flashes on then off, and I have to click it again to wake my phone. Not sure what's causing it.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
My ip4 has developed an annoying habit: sometimes when I unlock it with the sleep button, it flashes on then off, and I have to click it again to wake my phone. Not sure what's causing it.

try resetting your phone holding the sleep/wake button and home button for 15 seconds until you see the apple logo. If that doesn't work try a restore from backup and maybe even a restore as new.. to see if it fixes the problem.

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
@massie: I get that same issue and I have restored the phone too to fix that.

I really get bugged by the little things...
So far it's the "slide to unlock" glow skipping at first, then there's the flash-on-then-off glitch you noticed, then after using Siri all of my sounds are extremely loud for 30 seconds.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
@massie: I get that same issue and I have restored the phone too to fix that.

I really get bugged by the little things...
So far it's the "slide to unlock" glow skipping at first, then there's the flash-on-then-off glitch you noticed, then after using Siri all of my sounds are extremely loud for 30 seconds.

Did a restore fix it for you, or did it come back?

tyler_zyco

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I restored to factory settings and used it for about 2 hours with no data on it, but all of the same issues occurred so I restored from a back up.

Many others on the forum + some of my friends are consistent in the problem so I'm pretty sure it'll be solved in a software update.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2