5.0.1 is public

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
dumb question from an iphone newbie..(go easy on me) :rolleyes:

How exactly do I do it OTA via wifi?? where do I go on my iphone to download?

EDIT: nevermind.. they have an article on TiPb main page... thanks..

Last edited:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what this will do for the 4? not that battery life is horrible on my device, and some of the other features might be included on this.

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I could never test a battery fix because I work in an area where there is low coverage, constantly searching for a 3G on my vzw iPhone 4, but my question is are there any other NOTABLE fixes with this update.

Also I took this tip and noticed an upgrade in the battery life of my 4. In addition to turning off location services for location based iads and setting time zone, I changed the notification settings for messages to not show on lock screen, therefore you get all your messages when you unlock your device when its actually important. You still will hear the sounds tho. (Off-topic a little but w/e)

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here... I was wondering if it was a Verizon thing or a WiFi thing... Maybe home will be the trick!

I'm on Verizon...got it downloaded...went to install it...it said error. I closed out and went back to Settings and then to Software...hit install and it worked and restarted.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Also I took this tip and noticed an upgrade in the battery life of my 4. In addition to turning off location services for location based iads and setting time zone, I changed the notification settings for messages to not show on lock screen, therefore you get all your messages when you unlock your device when its actually important. You still will hear the sounds tho. (Off-topic a little but w/e)

lame. in other words you're suggesting taking away the iOS 5 "experience". if anyone has resorted to these tips then they should sell their iDevice and get something else

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
so dumb I have to plug into iTunes or use wi-fi to download. Times like these when I miss my BB

Wifi only is not dumb on Apple's part. They do not want to take the heat when fools blame blowing their datacap on downloading an iOS update. Gluteus protectus on Apple's part. :)

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Wifi only is not dumb on Apple's part. They do not want to take the heat when fools blame blowing their datacap on downloading an iOS update. Gluteus protectus on Apple's part. :)

Plus, I wonder what would happen to AT&T's network (or verizon or sprint), if everyone tried to download the 50 MB update at the same time...

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
lame. in other words you're suggesting taking away the iOS 5 "experience". if anyone has resorted to these tips then they should sell their iDevice and get something else

completely the opposite of my message, its called making your device more efficient. Why would you need the screen to light up every second for a minute at the time when your not able to use (i.e. sleep or just away from the phone) and also if you don't travel, why do you need the device to check your time zone consistently. Think before you reply next time

nolhayes

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't have anything to do with the iOS 5.01 update....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

fool, the people who are having battery issues and therefore caused the update to begin with are people with the 4S.

iPhone 4 ppl like myself have not been reporting serious battery issues. Well most people haven't been

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal