5.0.1 is public

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Updating via iTunes will be a full download of the iOS... at least it was for my iPhone vs Over The Air for my iPad.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
so best bet is to install via itunes? Just wondering, i was going to do it that way anyhow. Thanks guys.

Either way .... the patch will just overwrite certain files but the full install will clear the phone and reinstall everything. Sometimes computers/phones have problems with just patching but it is up to you.

bkmac

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to 5.0.1. through iTunes, took about 10-12 minutes.

I'm letting my phone charge to 100% and will track the battery from there to see if the supposed battery issue fix is true to the update.

Ipilot4s

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
It'd be interesting to know what the "bugs" were that caused the battery life to be an issue for some users. I never had any problems with my battery life on the 3 4S's i've gone through (exchanged for different issues) so I wonder if I will see any improvements.

gloomcookie1

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded and updated while at work on wi-fi. :D

Have to say really enjoying the PC free syncing and updating and iCloud. It's made things so nice and simple I don't worry about getting pics to my mac any more or backing up since it does it automatically every night to iCloud. This is the way things are supposed to work.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
OTA updates have to be the fastest updates I've ever done on a iDevice... can't wait to see how the battery life is on the 4S

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh