Un-Jailbreak

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
So got a new iPhone to replace my (jailbroken) 3GS. I'm sending my 3gs to gazelle to get some extra cash back. I decided to restore the phone, since most phone places in general frown upon jailbreaking. So now I'm stuck on the plug-into-itunes screen. iTunes says I need to restore, but every time I try to, an error message comes up and the phone screen returns to a picture of the USB and the itunes logo.

My new phone is a 4s and activated. iTunes is trying to put iOS 5 on the old 3GS. Advice on getting a functional 3GS?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Have you ever used TinyUmbrella? If so, open it and make sure that the checkbox to use the Cydia servers is unchecked. That will re-edit your hosts file to point them to the correct signing servers.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
TinyUmbrella issue click the link in my sig to see what he's referring to. If the phone is JBen you may need to put it in DFU mode in order to restore. DFU mode enables you to reload the OS without the OS running, it's like a low level install. So throw it in DFU mode and hit restore and let it do it's thing. If it stops at the authenticatiing part then that's why you have to worry about TinyUmbrella and your hosts file.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2