Camera on locked screen - iOS5

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
All the time since my iPhone is and has been my main digital camera for quite a while now... great new feature!

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
LOVE IT!! It is one of the best new features of iOS5. Being able to grab your phone and snap a quick pic, without unlocking your phone and finding the camera app, is great!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
same here it's so much better and being able to use the volume button instead of tapping the screen SO much better. The only thing that screws me up now is the tap to focus because it's all different now.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If I wasn't jailbroken I'd use it constantly. As it is I just have it set that a double tap of my status bar?no matter where I am, locked or unlocked?opens my camera app.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)Thanks to Navi, I just learned this neat little trick today:D

I just got my 4S on Friday, so I'm still learning these little nifty tips and shortcuts:)

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I love this feature, but the volume button seems great, but if your shakey like me. It just causes your pictures to come out blurry. Still needs improvement or maybe I just need to calm myself down and press it gently. haha -_-

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
With two little girls, and constantly being in "kodak moments" I use this at least daily and the new shutter speed constantly. Granted I delete multiple pictures that end up being to blurry from the 5-6 I take at one time, but I usually end up with a keeper or two as well.

As someone who thought OS 2.0 (wans't called iOS back then) was the best ever, I think 5.0 is the best since then. Easily, this is one of my favorite features in iOS 5.0