Can't update apps bought under NON-E-MAIL Apple ID

K8KQD

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded our iPhone 3GS to iOS 5. We had MobleMe and have activated iCloud.

When I tap the "App Store" icon on my 3GS iPhone or iPad2 and tap "Update All", it requires my Apple ID Password for my new email address ID.

Then it requires the password for my old Apple ID which was NOT an email address. iOS 5 won't allow me to log in with the old non-email ID. A pop-up says "Your iTunes Store password was incorrect. Please try again" with buttons for Cancel or Retry. I can't get past this error message to update paid-for apps under the original non-email ID.

To get around this with FREE apps, I deleted the apps and re-purchased them from iTunes. However, I have a $50 TomTom app that I'm afraid to delete because my new email ID may not acknowledge that I bought it.

Is there a way to move my purchased TomTom app from the non-email Apple ID to the new email format Apple ID?

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you try going to Settings -> Store and logging out of the account (the one in the form of an email) then trying to log in with your old Apple ID? I use my old, non-email Apple ID for the store and iCloud (converted MobileMe) without problems, but I did have to do this first.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Just go to iTunes on your desktop and change the name of your iTunes account from a name to an email. I did that during the 5.0 beta.

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have purchased apps from an old Apple ID, too (it's an email, though) and it's annoying having to log in with it to update.

K8KQD

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thank you

Did you try going to Settings -> Store and logging out of the account (the one in the form of an email) then trying to log in with your old Apple ID? I use my old, non-email Apple ID for the store and iCloud (converted MobileMe) without problems, but I did have to do this first.

I didn't know about the setting options to log off & on with the old ID. I thought I had it resolved until it emailed ID reset instructions. I never found the email. I haven't given up yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73