Activation without sim

fallenstarinc

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I just did a fresh install of ios 5 and preserved the baseband at 2.10.4. Which I plan to unlock with a Gevey sim that should be here in a few days. Right now I can't access the phone because it wants a sim with no pin lock to activate. Is there anyway to bypass the sim activation?
Could I use a friends micro att sim? Would that mess with their account? Could I buy a cheap att go micro sim for like $15? Has anyone Hactivated with Sn0wbreeze? Would that work?

One more question I have. If I do not get into the phone before my gevey arrives, how am I to set it up? You seem to need access to get the card working in the first place, making an emergency call and turning airplane mode on and off a few times. Anyone been trough this?

Thanks so much everyone for th help n

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Do a search for hacktivation, I remember seeing that it's one of the options of the new Redsn0w that does iOS 5. If Sn0wbreeze also does iOS 5 then you can do the hacktivation there.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys. I just did a fresh install of ios 5 and preserved the baseband at 2.10.4. Which I plan to unlock with a Gevey sim that should be here in a few days. Right now I can't access the phone because it wants a sim with no pin lock to activate. Is there anyway to bypass the sim activation?
Could I use a friends micro att sim? Would that mess with their account? Could I buy a cheap att go micro sim for like $15? Has anyone Hactivated with Sn0wbreeze? Would that work?

One more question I have. If I do not get into the phone before my gevey arrives, how am I to set it up? You seem to need access to get the card working in the first place, making an emergency call and turning airplane mode on and off a few times. Anyone been trough this?

Thanks so much everyone for th help n

Just go buy the appropriate blank sim from anywhere, it doesn't have to be associated to an active account/contract. It just has to search for the signal, when it get's a bar it'll activate in iTunes. It wont make phone calls or anything but as long as the sim is the correct sim for the locked iPhone carrier, it'll activate it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh