Help Needed - No Service

corkyefes

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Some serious help needed.

My problem is that I bought a second hand iPhone 3GS from my mate. (I don't know if the phone has ever been Jailbroken or Unlocked).

Well I basically updated the phone to iOS 5 and took out my sim card. Now the phone will not recognise the sim card and shows "No Service". I cannot even activate the phone.

Im needing kinda step by step help on how to fix this problem. I searched the internet and tried a few things but nothing has sorted it.

I have jailbroke phones before using instructions so i am pretty computer literate.

I am currently running Windows so i cannot use any Mac based programs.

I am desperate to fix this problem as i am stuck without a phone.

Thanks in advance.
Corkyefes.

apisnew

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I got same probelm...i just posted somewhere else yesterday ...

I have and a 3gs that had the old 3.1.3 firmware on it, but it froze and by accident it got updated to the latest version ios5. I'm pretty sure it was jailbroken/unocked untethered b4. Now i am having SERIOUS signal problems. Ill get full bars for a min and then keeps searching for signal.

Firmware : 05.16.05
Ios 5 (9A334)

It's pretty much a useless old ipod touch right now. And i really need a working phone for obvious reasons. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty new to all of this, i had a friend jail break/unlock it 2 yrs ago and I never updated it (prob only connected it to a cpu abt 10 times in 2 yrs)

I read up and saw the bet bet is to update firware to the ipad one, which disables gps (but i don't have a data plan and really have no use for it)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
When you updated you lost your unlock ..
And basband was updated to one that can not be unlocked yet

I have never tried but you might able to do a tethered JB with redsnow and then update the bb to 6.15.00 ( lose gps) then use ultra snow in Cydia

Tethered JB means anytime u need to restart phone I need a computer to help boot it

Since u can't activate I would use snowbreeze to make a custom Ipsw and have it activate for you this will JB also then use redsnow to update the bb

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

apisnew

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
When you updated you lost your unlock ..
And basband was updated to one that can not be unlocked yet

I have never tried but you might able to do a tethered JB with redsnow and then update the bb to 6.15.00 ( lose gps) then use ultra snow in Cydia

Tethered JB means anytime u need to restart phone I need a computer to help boot it

Since u can't activate I would use snowbreeze to make a custom Ipsw and have it activate for you this will JB also then use redsnow to update the bb

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

I guess thats my only option now...thanks for you help
Also, would u be able to post a link to how I can do all of this step by step? I've personally never used any of those programs (redsnow/snowbreeze/ipsw), but i have an idea of what they essentially do. thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal