Semi-tether reboot on any computer?

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you jailbreak using redsn0w and install semi-tether, can you use any computer to reboot tethered, or does it have to be done on the computer that you jailbroke with? Just asking because I have access to computers at work if I need to reboot semi-tethered if I have a random reboot while not at home.

jproubique

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
All you need is a quick download of the current version of redsn0w say on a flash drive or just download on the comp your closest to and boom! Tethered boot!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just confirming that jp is absolutely correct...
assuming the drivers are installed for apple device in recovery mode! Best way to be sure is to make sure latest version of iTunes is on computer...

Bugeyeblue

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, thanks guys. Have you guys been using semi-tether? How is it as far as reliability? Have you had any crashes that force you into using the stock mode without jb til you get to a tethered reboot?

jproubique

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Im using it and it works just fine but I'm always careful what I download since It could force a reboot. But ios5 is a blast to tweak out so give it a shot the semi tether is worth it if you just can't live without the jb

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
jproubique, did you install semi-tether when it first came out? if so, did you happen to see the progression of it getting better with the update(s)?

the reason why i am asking is because when i installed it when it first came out i had nothing but problems. uninstalled since...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Semi-tether is a life saver. Last night my phone completely rebooted without cause (except that it's jailbroken...) and it started right back up. I didn't have to make any calls or text or whatnot, but it's still nice to know that I won't be without a phone because I jailbreak!
Also the only problems I was EVER aware of we're appsync related which has long since been corrected by mobil substrate update... Speaking of which, I'm not exactly thrilled with new Mobil substrate.... I seem to be respringing ALOT more frequently

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
it seems useless to me. to download this questionable software, still in beta?, when i NEVER had a random reboot or random resprings (without cause). i'm fine with my setup the way it is until the Untethered... next year :rolleyes:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2