Help with iOS 5 beta?

LareeEdley

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
My phone has a constant 2 spinning arrows in the status bar next to 3G/Wifi symbol. I believe that it means the phone is trying to sync, but I am not connected to any PC's and I do not have iCloud backup serviced turned on.

It seems as if apple is discouraging questions about iOS 5 on the community boards so I have resorted to posting here. I didn't have this issue until I returned my broken iphone and then restored a my new one from a backup. At first I kept receiving an error about not being able to install all the apps or something similar to that.

I believe this constant syncing is killing my battery life so any help is greatly appreciated.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well, first of all, my deepest apologies for having to resort to posting here :) j/k

it seems you are correct with the fact that the device is indeed syncing, or trying to, as the arrows going around in a circle is an indication of such. the other spinning item is the device working on something that will most definitely cause drain as well

i think we're going to need more info; actual device, iOS beta attempting to be put on, is your UDID registered? whatever you can provide would be great!

my initial response would be "restore as new" NOT from backup but maybe even just a simple reboot would fix it. sometimes trial & error is the only option

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro