Does anyone know of an app that does this?

ketz

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Earlier this week I was given a lift from a family friend who has a blackberry bold i think..

I was quite impressed when I found that when he received a text while driving his phone automatically read out the text for him and asked if he wanted to reply.. He then spoke reply and he could reply off his phone (yes, it would be better if that was voice controlled too).. When I got home I tried to look for an app which does this but couldn't find any.

So what I'm looking for if it wasn't clear enough is an app which detects when you are driving and when you receive an SMS the app will read the SMS out to you. Now I'm not too bothered about replying to it but I think it's extremely useful and should be done by apple really.

So does anyone know of this? Maybe even with Siri integration or something?

Ketz

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
This is done by apple, that is one of the things siri does. If I get a text, I tell siri to read me my last text, she does, and then I say reply, and speak the reply. It works really well...when it does work...You can also setup Siri to automatically read your texts to you. To me that would seem annoying, but to each their own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2