FACE TIME over 3G....Why Not?

DD214#WN

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Last week I was standing in knee deep water off the coast of a 3rd world country, with nice beaches, and I was video skyping with my kids in Oregon who were on a computer....All over 3G......So the technology is capable, but we can't yet FACETIME over 3G....Is it because they want to push people away from Skype, keep them on Apple products, or...?

Talk amongst yourselves......

Ill be in China for the next 2 weeks....Ill post pics of the fake Apple stores selling real Apple products......

If the TIPB folks want some on the scene reporting, let me know....

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Carriers won't allow it since it uses data and there are tons of people of unlimited plans which costs them money and second using FaceTime also don't count towards using voice minutes which could allow you to be on a low minute plan which costs them money

In other words.... It would cost the carriers money and reduce their profit

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Last week I was standing in knee deep water off the coast of a 3rd world country, with nice beaches, and I was video skyping with my kids in Oregon who were on a computer....All over 3G......So the technology is capable, but we can't yet FACETIME over 3G....Is it because they want to push people away from Skype, keep them on Apple products, or...?

Talk amongst yourselves......

Ill be in China for the next 2 weeks....Ill post pics of the fake Apple stores selling real Apple products......

If the TIPB folks want some on the scene reporting, let me know....

Simply put, it's a carrier thing.

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Apple has allowed it. However it is up to the carriers to enable it. I am on Rogers and I can facetime over 3g

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Apple has allowed it. However it is up to the carriers to enable it. I am on Rogers and I can facetime over 3g

rogers enabled facetime over 3G ? without using that jailbreak app ?

i still get the error saying to turn on wifi.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Download Tango from the app store. If you and the person you are calling both have Tango, then you're good to go. Works on WiFi, 3G, 4G, 5G, whatever. By the way, the app is FREE! It also works iPhone to Android.:)

phillies20

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Download Tango from the app store. If you and the person you are calling both have Tango, then you're good to go. Works on WiFi, 3G, 4G, 5G, whatever. By the way, the app is FREE! It also works iPhone to Android.:)

I was looking at that Tango.. is it any good? the reviews stink, people say it doesn't work well.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR