can anyone confirm if iOS 5.0.1 does indeed have improved battery performance?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I think you'll have to wait a little while, since developers have barely had a chance to install the beta, yet.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Sorry in advance for dragging this off-topic,but this thread got me thinking. I was wondering if Apple has a beta testing community. I'm coming from BlackBerry which has Beta Zone which I was involved in. Is there a similar community for Apple where members of the public (not just developers) can test programs and apps?

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded last night, and I can absolutely tell a difference. It's like night and day! .. literally.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for answering. I was just curious because I loved testing.

You can always load the (most) betas without being a dev. You just can't give feedback. So if you just like playing around then there are places to get the betas. As for 5.0.1 I'll skip it until it official because the battery isn't too bad for me since turning off all the System Services (although I hope it gets better in 5.0.1).

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine is exactly the same as or slightly WORSE than before the beta, but my battery life was awesome before.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
This is one reason I can't stand these battery life threads....one person claims it's the second coming of the spaghetti monster in the sky, another claims it's the worst thing since unsliced bread, but regardless there's never any facts backing up any of said claims.

1) need picts of usage statistics BEFORE the upgrade ( across multiple days, or weeks if possible )
2) repeat this for AFTER the upgrade.

Otherwise this "it seems like...." doesn't get anyone anywhere. *sigh*
/endrant /gets off soapbox

IamHahn

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
This is one reason I can't stand these battery life threads....one person claims it's the second coming of the spaghetti monster in the sky, another claims it's the worst thing since unsliced bread, but regardless there's never any facts backing up any of said claims.

1) need picts of usage statistics BEFORE the upgrade ( across multiple days, or weeks if possible )
2) repeat this for AFTER the upgrade.

Otherwise this "it seems like...." doesn't get anyone anywhere. *sigh*
/endrant /gets off soapbox

Pretty sure the Spaghetti monster in the sky, IS the worst thing since unsliced bread

Seriously though, I agree that we need definitive information. I love the battery life I am getting, but who wouldn't be happy with better battery life...It's like the Jimmy Fallon Capital One commercial...:confused:

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
After a full day of usage, it's the same as before for me. I never had battery drain issues to begin with though. As soon as I nuked the broken FB push notifications, my battery life was the same as my ip4.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
seriously? mind posting some usage (screenshots)?

Here's a quick screen shot after a few hours. I did some tweeting, App Store update, and made a 10 minute call - and almost 3 hours on standby. I'd normally be at 90% by now - holding steady at 97% as I type this.

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
When I first got the 4S I treated it exactly like my 4. Whenever I'm in the car I have it charging and at home I top it off sometimes. Even with that I was getting very poor performance. I did two things. I drained it until it shut off (wasn't hard) and I shut off system services. With those two things my battery life is the same as my 4. Today I didn't top it off at all and I used it my normal amount and my battery is at 63% (8am-10pm). Before these changes it would definitely be dead by now. I have all my usual push notification turned on (except Facebook). Another thing I've noticed is my 4S ran warm until I made these changes even after hard resets.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox