Saving wifi login details?

kevlar x

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
The wifi network in my workplace has the type of wifi where you connect fine but then when you try to use it up pops a webpage asking for your login details. The problem is I have to enter these details every time I want to reconnect. I was in the same situation recently while staying at a hotel, I must have entered those damn login details 100 times in the five days I was there.

Is there a way to save these details in network settings somehow? I have tried a few times but always still get the popup login screen.

thanks in advance

Kev

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Go into your settings, Safari.
Enable "AutoFill" and on the next screen make sure Names & Passwords is set to ON.

I dont see why that wont work.

kevlar x

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Why didn't I think of that? Guess I was always thinking of it as a network problem, not safari. Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I have this exact same problem. The two wifi networks where I work require log-ins to public networks, and autofill in Safari used to work, but stopped working either with iOS5 or the 4S or both. It _did_ work on the 3GS on iOS 4.3.x To avoid this, I just leave the phone on all day, but I still have to log in every morning and every time I lose the connection...

kevlar x

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Update: enabling passwords in safari didn't help at all with wifi login at wok, I still have to enter username and password every time I want to reconnect.

Todd M

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
That's a requirement of the router. That will do that no matter what device you are using to connect. It has to re-authenticate after 'X' amount of time, or after the browser has been closed out. Security feature. You will find that on most new routers with a guest network. My Cisco router has that feature for anyone that uses the guest network.

Guest Instructions
When a guest wants Internet access in your home, provide
these instructions:
1 . On the guest computer, connect to the wireless guest
network named on the Guest Access screen .
2 . Open a web browser .
3 . On the login screen, enter the password displayed on
the Guest Access screen (password used during setup .
4 . Click Login

marcinkomo

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe I have a solution

I believe I have figured out a solution to this 'lack of autofill' in wifi authentication problem. The following steps worked for me:

1. Disable Auto-Login in WiFi settings for given network
    • go to Settings app
    • select "Wi-Fi"
    • tap on the blue ">" icon to the right of your network
    • disable "Auto-Login"
  2. Manually log into your WiFi authentication page using Safari (this should prompt you to remember the login as long as you have "Names & Password" AutoFill enabled in Safari Settings)
  3. Re-enable Auto-Login for your network (same steps as above)

This got me working again. Hope it works for others.

Cheers,
Marcin

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods