Notification Bug?

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I have noticed when viewing video podcasts in 3rd party apps (Downcast & iCatcher) when a notification comes in it crashes the app. Both apps crash in exactly the same way so I'm assuming it's a notification bug and not a bug with the podcast app.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed when viewing video podcasts in 3rd party apps (Downcast & iCatcher) when a notification comes in it crashes the app. Both apps crash in exactly the same way so I'm assuming it's a notification bug and not a bug with the podcast app.

I am guessing that your assumption is wrong considering that its not happening with a ton more applications I am yet to have a application crash do to a notification. More then likely the application needs a update for ios5

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I am guessing that your assumption is wrong considering that its not happening with a ton more applications I am yet to have a application crash do to a notification. More then likely the application needs a update for ios5

How many tons of 3rd party apps that you have play video? If you have ANY, see if this happens in those apps. BTW, both of these have been updated for iOS 5.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
How many tons of 3rd party apps that you have play video? If you have ANY, see if this happens in those apps. BTW, both of these have been updated for iOS 5.

I have vlc media player which is no longer even available on the store not updated for ios 5 and it does not crash when a notification comes in

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
I have vlc media player which is no longer even available on the store not updated for ios 5 and it does not crash when a notification comes in

Seems strange that two separate apps crash exactly the same. I'll reload VLC and see if that crashes. Are you recieving a Messages Notification to test it or some other notification?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Seems strange that two separate apps crash exactly the same. I'll reload VLC and see if that crashes. Are you recieving a Messages Notification to test it or some other notification?

I have watched quite a few videos and had many notifications come in mostly messages though

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
That might be why. If I set to Banner it doesn't crash. If set to Alerts it does. Try setting to Alert and see if it crashes.

I'm discussing this with a Dev right now and he's trying to figure out if it's on his side or Apples.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok I guess your correct then I don't use alerts so this won't do anything to me

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk