Lockscreen notifications and copy/paste-am I missing something????

the_fury_2000

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Couple issues....

1) Lockscreen notifications- So i pull phone out of pocket to see if I have had any notifications of interest.
I have a missed call from the wife. Great that with a swipe I can call her back, except I'm at work doing something and I don't want to call her back until later.
I can't delete the notification without either unlocking the phone or calling her back through the swipe and cancelling the call.

Am I missing something or can notifications not be deleted from Lockscreen?? I know they can from drop down notification centre but phone has to be unlocked to do that!!!

Considering the new notifications are very aesthetically pleasing I don't want to jailbreak to get Lockscreen app/tweak that although has that functionality its not as pretty as the new inbuilt one!!

Surely a little X on the notification to delete it from the Lockscreen can't be difficult!!?????

2). I use iPad and iPhone to type a lot of emails and other work related issues and so copy/paste is vital.
Again, am I missing something or is the only way to tap and hold screen to copy, then do same to paste.
It can be quite frustrating going from keypad to screen, keypad to screen.
Can there not be a shortcut in the Ctrl C/Ctrl V ilk?? (or is there one I don't know about)

Apart from that ios5 is a much more pleasurable experience from 4.

Well done apple!!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I believe notifications from a locked screen is more for 'quick viewing' if you like. Hence you can't clear them and the likes from the locked screen - that is my understanding...

Copy and Paste: the only way I know of is to hold your finger on the screen, etc.

Maybe someone else can chime in and give more feedback...

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Couple issues....

1) Lockscreen notifications- So i pull phone out of pocket to see if I have had any notifications of interest.
I have a missed call from the wife. Great that with a swipe I can call her back, except I'm at work doing something and I don't want to call her back until later.
I can't delete the notification without either unlocking the phone or calling her back through the swipe and cancelling the call.

Am I missing something or can notifications not be deleted from Lockscreen?? I know they can from drop down notification centre but phone has to be unlocked to do that!!!

Considering the new notifications are very aesthetically pleasing I don't want to jailbreak to get Lockscreen app/tweak that although has that functionality its not as pretty as the new inbuilt one!!

Surely a little X on the notification to delete it from the Lockscreen can't be difficult!!?????

2). I use iPad and iPhone to type a lot of emails and other work related issues and so copy/paste is vital.
Again, am I missing something or is the only way to tap and hold screen to copy, then do same to paste.
It can be quite frustrating going from keypad to screen, keypad to screen.
Can there not be a shortcut in the Ctrl C/Ctrl V ilk?? (or is there one I don't know about)

Apart from that ios5 is a much more pleasurable experience from 4.

Well done apple!!

the only way to copy in paste is by holding your finger on the screen to copy and paste...

sd3sign

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the theory is that if it's locked then you are not using it, so they just sit there until the phone is unlocked.

One handy tip is that if you hold your finger down on the icon you get a swipe to open option, and you can open the app, email etc. directly from the lock screen. I only learned this today ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox