SBsettings on jailbroken iOS 5?

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone running SBsettings on the tethered iOS 5 jailbreak? SBsettings was one of my favorite tweaks and I just did the ios 5 tether today, when looking at the description in cydia it gives a warning for ios 5 saying to enable the notifications add on in the settings app. Is anyone having issues running it? or is it running fine? Havent installed it yet was looking to see if anyone else had first

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
SBSettings runs great on iOS 5. the warning you see is just a general warning that should be on every app/tweak. a disclaimer, if you will

iOS 5 is out today. For those of you jailbreakers, you should be aware of the status. You may want to hold off on the update for now because the jailbreak is tethered:

1) A tethered jailbreak is available via redsn0w for all devices except iPad 2 and the new iPhone 4s.

2) Tethered jailbreak means you will have to use redsn0w to enter DFU mode and have it ?just boot tethered? every time you power cycle your device. (Just tapping power is fine, you have to actually shut it off).

3) After you run redsn0w, even the very first time, you will have a white cydia icon. This is because you have to still power cycle, enter DFU mode, and boot tethered. The next reboot will come after you install something that requires mobile substrate (almost everything). After installing this, the device will only hit apple logo unless you do the boot tethered option.

4) If iOS5 turns out to be stable, tethered jailbreak may be manageable for many of you. But be aware that if something happens while you?re away from your computer and your device restarts, you will have to get to a computer before you can use your device again. This is probably not so bad for an ipod or ipad. Maybe not great for your only phone.

5) Many free and paid tweaks have not yet been updated. Developers are working on updates so be patient.

6) Non-factory unlockers should stay away from ios5 for now or you will lose your unlock! (This should go without saying).

7) iOS 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 is also tethered, so 4.3.3 is the only firmware that can be jailbroken untethered for now.

8) Improperly written notification center add-ons may cause your device to be in a reboot cycle. A mobilesubstrate update is due out later this week that will protect you against this. To protect yourself in the meantime, make sure you have openSSH installed so you are able to manually delete any notification center tweaks you install should this happen to you. Otherwise, you will have to restore and jailbreak again.

SBSettings works great in the NC as well. although, i prefer the original method

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you need more confirmation, I'm running it too. No problems with either the regular window or the Notification Center plugin.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods