Notifications on call?

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I was talking on the phone and someone text me and I heard the text tone while on the call. Very annoying.

Can this be turned off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AStranger

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think you'd have to change the notification to not give any alert. I think whenever you have an alert set then it will make the noise.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes, most annoying. The best thing to do is to turn the sound off while on a call. Alternatively, you could set it to vibrate I believe while on a call...

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Dang. That's no good. Guess I'll have to live with it until there's an update. Thanks!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Dang. That's no good. Guess I'll have to live with it until there's an update. Thanks!

Dont expect an update anytime soon.. this is recent update on the iphone 4 that made the change to do this as a feature... I dont think apple sees it as a problem so there not going to fix it..

I suggest leaving apple feedback

Apple - Feedback

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Yes, most annoying. The best thing to do is to turn the sound off while on a call. Alternatively, you could set it to vibrate I believe while on a call...

This is what I do when I remember. The worst thing, when on a call and not on speakerphone, those notification sounds are so loud in your ear.

Luckily, I don't use my iPhone much for talking (except to Siri).

Daytona

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I actually wish I had you problem because as it stands now when I get a notification while on a call the phone vibrates and scares the crap out of me...lol. On iOS 4.1 I never had that problem. I simply heard the tone of the message I received. This vibrating every time I geyt a message on a call thing is annoying!! Does anyone know how to fix this?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I actually wish I had you problem because as it stands now when I get a notification while on a call the phone vibrates and scares the crap out of me...lol. On iOS 4.1 I never had that problem. I simply heard the tone of the message I received. This vibrating every time I geyt a message on a call thing is annoying!! Does anyone know how to fix this?

Turn off vibration.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

sd3sign

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site

Yes, the vibrate on the 4S is crazy!

HuKaShI

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This is my first iPhone and I'm coming from a blackberry. I don't understand how apple didn't make it so that the alerts are muted while on a phone call. I mean, on my blackberry, I had the option to either let it alert me or to go completely silent while on a phone call. Strange how for a company such as apple, that has been in the game for this long didn't correctly do this feature. I feel like its a no brainer.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
This is my first iPhone and I'm coming from a blackberry. I don't understand how apple didn't make it so that the alerts are muted while on a phone call. I mean, on my blackberry, I had the option to either let it alert me or to go completely silent while on a phone call. Strange how for a company such as apple, that has been in the game for this long didn't correctly do this feature. I feel like its a no brainer.

Flip the mute button on the side of the phone while you are on a call; problem solved.

However, if you are on a call and are expecting an email, or have a scheduled calendar event coming up wouldn't you want to be notified? I would.

Last edited:

HuKaShI

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Flip the mute button on the side of the phone while you are on a call; problem solved.

However, if you are on a call and are expecting an email, or have a scheduled calendar event coming up wouldn't you want to be notified? I would.

That's where my blackberry shined. The beloved LED notification light is the crackberry addicts best friend. We would never be in the dark about notifications. Even have custom colors for the different types of alerts, such as mail, sms, calendar, etc...

But I will take your advice for the mute switch for now until apple decides to make a change for this as I feel it is pretty elementary for a smartphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2