iPhone Notifications Better But Still Not as Good

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
disclaimer: I'm not an android fan-boy. i love my iPhone. i give my unbiased opinion no matter what

android got notifications right. apple did the best they could to emulate it without stealing too much, but is still not as good as android notifications. that can't be disputed.

It's definitely better than the system that used to be in place.

Hoagie5252

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Being able to see a message from the lock screen is something android is missing and I would say that's the best part of the new notification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The only think I wish I had was a notification light, like the one I had on my BB. But then again, it's not to hard to hit the home button to see if there are any notifications on the lock screen.

Last edited:

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
you know what else? if i clear my Facebook notifications from the notification center, i want that red number icon to disappear as well

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
there are 2 little features that i wish for; statusbar notifications and the ability to activate the NC from the Lockscreen

both of these WILL be achieved through jailbreaking, imagine that..

JeremyHD

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
you know what else? if i clear my Facebook notifications from the notification center, i want that red number icon to disappear as well

In a way it is good that they left the "red number icon" because most people forget about things and it reminds them that they have to check Facebook or any other app.

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I agree, clearing the notification from the screen should also remove the red dot on the app. But overall I'm liking the new notification center.

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the iOS 5 notifications are definitely an improvement, but for me it's a downgrade. I've been using LockInfo for a couple years and LockInfo was 100% perfect and the way the notifications should be. I originally used it to replace the stock iOS 5 system, but LockInfo isn't working that reliably on OS 5 yet. Most of my notifications don't even show up right away or at all, unless it's mail or SMS. But Twitter, Words With Friends, FaceBook, etc rarely show up on LockInfo at the time the sound for the notification rings. So I had to go back to the stock system, which works flawlessly. It's just so limited coming from a fully functioned LockInfo groove on OS 4!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
The only think I wish I had was a notification light, like the one I had on my BB. But then again, it's not to hard to hit the home button to see if there are any notifications on the lock screen.

When my wife and i both had Blackberrys,(we now have iPhones), she loved that little red notification light (not me though). She's due for an upgrade just before Christmas, and asked me to find out if the new iPhone4S has that light on it. Thanks.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
This could be a problem when the phone is locked, tapping messages by accident

How? You'd have to pull the notification center down before tapping a MSG by accident? Or am I reading what you wrote wrong???

Sent from my 3G iPad 2 using Tapatalk

yaynative

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the app badge going away if I clear out the notification in in notification center. I would also like the calendar event notification alerts to stay in notification center until I dismiss them. Currently they clear once the event starts. What if you don't check the phone until after? No alert and you might miss event. That one to me is easy.

Reminders should have option to display in calendar as well. That we we could have a one glance option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox