Group SMS crashes stock SMS app and BiteSMS with lots of people in the group!

DJ Hellfire

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Group SMS crashes stock SMS app and BiteSMS when lots of people in the sms thread!

I got a text from a friend today and in the from field I noticed it said "From: Porter and 75 others" and the whole BiteSMS app just bogged down, got really slow and kept crashing. Tried the stock SMS app and it did the same exact thing. Only way to fix it was to delete that entire text message thread, which instantly restored normal function.

Now, it has to have something to do with the quantity of people included in the thread because I got a group text from another friend the other day which only had 3 other people included and it caused no malfunctions at all. So I don't know at what amount of people in a thread causes this, since we are talking 5 people vs 77 people.

The other weird this is I have Group SMS turned off in the settings because I hate seeing all the other people in the text message. I like the old method of just seeing and replying to the original sender only.

Also, I don't know if this is a jailbreak issue or an iOS 5 issue. :confused: Anyone else experience this?

Last edited:

Kenny10

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Messaging locks up in IOS 5

Had the same probelm and fixed it. Go to Settings > Messages > and the Turn off iMessage

Everyhting works great!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2