Please help me with a contacts question

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I sync my iphone with MS Exchange. Everything: contacts, email, calendar. I have both personal and work related items in contacts and calendar. Not a big deal with calendar becuase I just block off the time and make it personal. But contacts, is a problem. I now have been asked to share my contacts with other people I work with since we sometimes share clients and cover for each other. I would rather not have my coworkers have access to my personal contacts (friends, family, etc.).

Is there any way I can remove my personal contacts from from exchange and sync them either with iCloud, Google?

I did it before and then when it re-synced, all my contacts ended up in both places.. I have no need for work contacts in Google and don't want personal on Exchange..

Help please?

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I sync my iphone with MS Exchange. Everything: contacts, email, calendar. I have both personal and work related items in contacts and calendar. Not a big deal with calendar becuase I just block off the time and make it personal. But contacts, is a problem. I now have been asked to share my contacts with other people I work with since we sometimes share clients and cover for each other. I would rather not have my coworkers have access to my personal contacts (friends, family, etc.).

Is there any way I can remove my personal contacts from from exchange and sync them either with iCloud, Google?

I did it before and then when it re-synced, all my contacts ended up in both places.. I have no need for work contacts in Google and don't want personal on Exchange..

Help please?

You have to remove the contacts that you dont want and put them in a new group in exchange and sync them to your phone as the separate group.... I dont have an outlook box in front of me to give you exact directions but it can be done..

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. What I did:
Took all person contacts out of Exchange and created an entry for them in Hotmail (yes I still have a hotmail account ;)
Synced Hotmail contacts
Now I have Exchange Contacts (viewable by coworkers) and Hotmail contacts (viewable only by me)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR