Problem, iPad 2 with iOS 5 thinks I am my sister even though I am using my apple ID

beloved1228

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I use iMessage and find my friend but my sisters name and picture comes up. I checked my setting and I am signed in with my ID and even checked to make sure my ID has my name and info (which is right) anyone else have this issue or know how to get this fixed?

Thanks

-J

richard_rsp

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming that you and your sister share an Apple ID? iMessage is tied to your email address, not only your Apple ID. Go to "Settings -> Messages -> Recieve At" and check to see what email address is listed.

If it is the same as your sisters, then you need to add your own email address, and once verified, delete the one that is shared.

This is the same for FaceTime too.

Hope this helps!

Reactions: Alli

beloved1228

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope never shared apple IDs. She doesn't have any apple products, she lives 600 miles away from me. I checked FaceTime and nothing has her on it in setting or anything

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Something similar happened to me... it had my other twitter account that I don't use or even associate with. Do you use twitter and is she one of your twitter friends?

futurecode

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
This happened to me also.

I think (fixed it day iOS5 came out, bad memory!) I fixed the issues by going into settings --> safari --> autofill --> myinfo and setting that to my name and info in contacts.

beloved1228

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
No she did not own it or even use it... I think going through safari and doing the auto fill my info work. I believe that fixed it! Thanks guys!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro