Tethered reboot question

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This morning my phone crashed and got stuck at the Apple logo. I ended up restoring and re-jb'ing but it got me wondering: how do I do a tethered boot in that situation? Because redsn0w makes a point of telling you to turn your phone off before entering DFU to boot tethered?but I couldn't turn it off. I couldn't do anything with it. Can I just enter DFU from that screen, or is there a way to power down that I'm overlooking?

Thanks for the help?I've only had untethered jbs before.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If u aren't able to turn it off, you won't be able to boot tethered. It's required. Since u can't boot tethered, I would recommend going back to stock.

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i hold the power button and home button (so it restarts) while i have redsn0w open and then go through the steps it tells you to boot tethered.
it acts like it was powered off.
works every time for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i hold the power button and home button (so it restarts) while i have redsn0w open and then go through the steps it tells you to boot tethered.
it acts like it was powered off.
works every time for me.

bingo! this is exactly what i do too and never fails

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, that's actually what I did earlier--even though it worked, I decided to restore anyway. Good to know that I can just do that though in case it happens again, I wasn't sure.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2