iPhone and iPad - Clearing Notifications

noles_kt

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I looked around for this question but did not have any luck.

I have both an iPad 2 and iPhone 4s, running iOS 5 both. If I'm at my house for instance on wifi and I get a notifications, Words With Friends for example, if I respond on one device is it suppose to clear the notification on the other device?

If so, how do I set that up? I'll play WWF in one room for a while and when I come back to the other device later I'll have a string of notifications I'll need to clear.

Anyone familiar with this? Heard of this issue or is currently seeing it as well?

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
To me, it sounds like it's working like it should and that you'd have to clear them from each device individually, since once an alert is there it requires some sort of response.

Dazzx

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I looked around for this question but did not have any luck.

I have both an iPad 2 and iPhone 4s, running iOS 5 both. If I'm at my house for instance on wifi and I get a notifications, Words With Friends for example, if I respond on one device is it suppose to clear the notification on the other device?

If so, how do I set that up? I'll play WWF in one room for a while and when I come back to the other device later I'll have a string of notifications I'll need to clear.

Anyone familiar with this? Heard of this issue or is currently seeing it as well?

I thought the same , it seems crazy with all this magic syncing technology that notifications don't sync !

I get home from work and have to clear all the notification I've already cleared from my iPhone off the iPad , bit rubbish

@dazzx - Twitter
Darren Thompson -G+

noles_kt

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to do a hard reset for both devices.

Now even when I click on a notification, say for Words With Friends, from the notification center it takes me to the app where I already responded to the notification (by playing a word back). I pull the notification center down, and it is still there saying 20 minutes ago, or whatever.

Again, I feel like that shouldn't be how it works but maybe I am wrong.

I still love it all, but feel like maybe I've messed up how they are synced together.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox