Message not sent Tap to try again

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting this while trying to send a message while a incoming message is coming in. Was wondering if its just iMessage/iOS5 problem because this never happened before with iOS4.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I am getting it too. I think it's an iMessage issue. It seems to not be able to send while it's receiving a message.

Beamed over the interwebz from my iPhone 4S using Siri.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
And I have one that is stuck on sending, and it's only the iMessage with my brother. I thought it was because I was trying to send him texts on Friday when I was downtown at the Cardinals game and it wasn't going through because there were too many cell phones around. Three days later, it still says "sending"

Invid

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here. Some of my messages just will not send. I just chalked it up to iMessage, though it's good to know I'm not alone.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've turned off iMessage because I send a lot of group text and it still happens with sms. This is a iOS 5 bug because before on iOS 4 it would send itself after I received the text.

jerryg#IM

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Problem with Group Distribution

I have the same problem. Tried rebooting without success. I then sent the message to to each person individualy. It worked without a problem. Appears to be a problem with a group distribution for me. I also tried sending the message as a group message to people that I know do NOT have imessenger. It also failed. One person at a time worked fine.
Jerry

robertolebron

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. Here's a workaround, though it's not a solution: tap on the blue message balloon and you'll get a message bar that says "Send as Text Message." Choosing that option will allow you to send the message as a text. Carrier rates will apply, of course. Now if we could solve the actual problem...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2