Stuck on Apple screen while erasing

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
ok, so my iphone 4 was on 4.0.1 with the 1.59.00 baseband and it was jailbroken and unlocked. all of a sudden, when i was erasing all my data on it to prepare it for sale, it got stuck on the apple screen. what should i do to keep the phone jailbroken/unlocked because i want to sell it. please help me out...thanks!!!

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Do a quick Google search for the 4.0.1 IPSW, and restore the phone (iTunes Shift + click Restore in Windows, Apple/Command + Restore in Mac).

Once you restore it, all of your information will be gone and then you can re-jailbreak it (at jailbreakme.com I believe), and unlock it with ultrasn0w. 4.0.1 is the last baseband that ultrasn0w will work on, but you know that already. :)

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i'm using windows, if i had a mac, i would just preserve my baseband and update to iOS 5 but they don't have that for windows :(

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
This will only work if you have the 4.0.1 shsh blob saved

Download the 4.0.1 ipsw and TinyUmbrella

Open TinyUmbrella

Press the Start TSS Server button

Leave TinyUmbrella open and open iTunes

Select your device

On the Summary tab for your device, hold down Shift and press Restore

Navigate to the downloaded 4.0.1 ipsw

Wait

Should be restored like new, with 4.0.1. Jailbreak and unlock at your leisure.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This will only work if you have the 4.0.1 shsh blob saved

Download the 4.0.1 ipsw and TinyUmbrella

Open TinyUmbrella

Press the Start TSS Server button

Leave TinyUmbrella open and open iTunes

Select your device

On the Summary tab for your device, hold down Shift and press Restore

Navigate to the downloaded 4.0.1 ipsw

Wait

Should be restored like new, with 4.0.1. Jailbreak and unlock at your leisure.

Thanks a lot, exactly what I needed. Hopefully it's gonna work when I get back home from
Class.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
alright i did that process, but it's giving me an error in itunes (2005). also tiny umbrella is not showing my saved SHSHs under the "All Saved SHSHs" on the main page. i verified with redsnow and know for a fact that my shsh blobs have been saved, so what should i do??

Raja2837

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying this process with an iphone 4 on win and mac but it has not worked for me for some reason. iphone was on 4.2.1 and a baseband that can't be unlocked but what i was trying to do is wipe it clean and re jailbreak. I checked cydia and shsh blobs are saved but still could not get it to work. I'm pretty sure i followed directions correctly. The phone is now stuck on the connect to itunes logo. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying this process with an iphone 4 on win and mac but it has not worked for me for some reason. iphone was on 4.2.1 and a baseband that can't be unlocked but what i was trying to do is wipe it clean and re jailbreak. I checked cydia and shsh blobs are saved but still could not get it to work. I'm pretty sure i followed directions correctly. The phone is now stuck on the connect to itunes logo. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Same as above, but you'll need to direct TinyUmbrella to download your shsh blobs from Cydia. Once you're done with that, search google for the 4.2.1 ipsw. You'll probably be able to find the direct link to Apple's server just like I found for the other. Good luck!

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
alright i did that process, but it's giving me an error in itunes (2005). also tiny umbrella is not showing my saved SHSHs under the "All Saved SHSHs" on the main page. i verified with redsnow and know for a fact that my shsh blobs have been saved, so what should i do??

They're saved on your computer, right? Error 2005 has to do with the actual iTunes installation, not so much for phone. Try completely uninstalling iTunes (and everything else it installs), then installing a fresh copy.

jaguar11

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
They're saved on your computer, right? Error 2005 has to do with the actual iTunes installation, not so much for phone. Try completely uninstalling iTunes (and everything else it installs), then installing a fresh copy.

no, i don't have them on my pc, i know it was saved on the cydia server though, is there any way i can retrieve the blob from their server??? i hope im not screwed :(

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
no, i don't have them on my pc, i know it was saved on the cydia server though, is there any way i can retrieve the blob from their server??? i hope im not screwed :(

You can tell TinyUmbrella to download your blobs from Cydia (like I said above) - should work! Good luck!

Reactions: jaguar11