Email In Notification Center

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have the mail app set to Fetch once per hour, but it seemed to be ignoring this option even with the Mail app killed. Is this normal because I had mail in the Notification Center? Now that I've taken it out of the Notification Center it seems to be working like I thought it would, just checking 1x per hour?

Thanks

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have the mail app set to Fetch once per hour, but it seemed to be ignoring this option even with the Mail app killed. Is this normal because I had mail in the Notification Center? Now that I've taken it out of the Notification Center it seems to be working like I thought it would, just checking 1x per hour?

Thanks

I thought I read recently that push must be enabled for emails to show up in notification center, perhaps someone else can back this up.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Thanks

You don't really kill an app, it's background functions will still work.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I have 3 email accounts on my device.
- personal ( push )
- work ( fetch hourly )
- old personal, mainly spam now ( manual fetch )

The first 2 accounts both show up on the lock screen and in notification center.

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You don't really kill an app, it's background functions will still work.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

Understood. I still don't quite understand why if I have a mail account set to Fetch 1x per hour, but had it in Notification Center it acted like Push. Either way, I just took it out b/c I don't need the emails in there, banners when I unlock are plenty and it's not eating my battery now. :)

Thanks for responding everyone, I appreciate it!

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Thanks
You should enable push!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner