A Little Help With Jailbreaking iOS 5 GM

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried to use redsn0w_mac0.9.9b6 to jailbreak my iPhone 4 (verizon) i can get as far as when it says that it is rebooting and then it just freezes and nothing happens.... Any help? And, any ideas on when the untethered jailbreak will be released and if i should hold out for that? please help me! Again, i am using iOS 5 GM

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Ios 5 GM is just another word for you have what everyone else has. The word GM just means final public version. Its just a nickname and no more. So you're just on ios5. Redsn0w is really the only way to go right now and its tethered. No word on untethered for ios5 yet. They can't jailbreak the 4S yet either or Ipad2. So my guess is when all platforms are situated a mass jailbreak will be released.

Since your having issues jailbreaking. Restore the phone and don't sync it until after you jailbreak. Seems to work better for some people. Just try redsnow again. There isn't really any tricks or anything its straight forward. I was testing Cydia apps on ios5 GM the day it was released on October 4th so I was having to restore and rejailbreak many times on redsnow with no issues.

wamadden4

May 10, 2011
Visit site
So i should restore it to a backup i have? And I have read about something called Tiny Umbrella, can you tell me what that is and if i need it?