Is there a chance the 4S isn't jailbreakable ?

When do you think the 4S JailBreak will come out

• Within 1 week we will have a jailbreak

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • 2 weeks before a jailbreak

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Around a month before a jailbreak

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • We will never see a jailbreak

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Eventually it will only be tethered

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Title says it. And with Comex now working with Apple. Is there a chance jailbreaking new idevices is over. Ipad2 sure has been difficult.

I'm starting to worry now. Once you go jailbroken and get educated on whats out there in Cydia apps. You miss it alot.

Josh

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Just because comex is working with Apple doesn't mean that there will be no jailbreak. There are plenty of other devs out there that are working hard on it.

The A5 chip is proving harder to crack, but it will be done. Have faith.

Reactions: GigaS27

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Just because comex is working with Apple doesn't mean that there will be no jailbreak. There are plenty of other devs out there that are working hard on it.

The A5 chip is proving harder to crack, but it will be done. Have faith.

But obviously they hired Comex for a reason and we know what that reason is. I have faith but thinking the jailbreak is getting harder for the devs. I know we still got GeoHot, Musclenerd, etc. I've just went so long without a untethered jailbreak. 4S in stock form and the Iphone 4 on 4.3.5 tethered so I miss it so much. Callbar and Slideaway alone are worth the jailbreak. I was running those a few days on ios5 with my iphone4 before i got the 4S on launch day

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
everything takes time.
i remember when the iphone first came out it took two weeks to break it but they did it.
plus the kid got a nissan 350z for it.

i need to wait until best buy gets there **** together.
64gb iphone 4s im waiting for you.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
But they said previously that there was 5 exploits already. And that was weeks ago...why would it take this one so much longer? Why are they waiting to release the untethered if it is already, ready?

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
For iPhone 4, there are bugs in iOS 5 at the moment. Some of which will be patched in a 5.0.1 I think.

No use blowing an untether exploit on something so buggy, which gets patched ASAP.

I'm betting on Apple's next software update.

For iPhone 4S. I don't think they ever announced they had it done.

Last edited:

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
For iPhone 4, there are bugs in iOS 5 at the moment. Some of which will be patched in a 5.0.1 I think.

No use blowing an untether exploit on something so buggy, which gets patched ASAP.

I'm betting on Apple's next software update.

For iPhone 4S. I don't think they ever announced they had it done.

before the 4s was released retail it was stated that they do have a jailbreak they were just waiting incase apple decides to throw a bug update. releasing it now would waste what could be used for millions.

honestly i dont mind being tethered (for the 4) but we will all have to wait sadly.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I think the 4S has them completely stumped. Very unlikely there will EVER be an untethered jailbreak and maybe not even a tethered one. Game, Set, Match to Apple.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
With OTA delta updates, any security holes can potentially be patched in days, with a simple several hundred byte patch...

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Since there has not been any kind of a jailbreak for the ipad2, which also has the A5, I don't think we're going to see any jailbreak for the 4S anytime soon. And as it's been 6 months since the ipad2 was released, and there's no sign of a jailbreak, there may never be one for the A5.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Since there has not been any kind of a jailbreak for the ipad2, which also has the A5, I don't think we're going to see any jailbreak for the 4S anytime soon. And as it's been 6 months since the ipad2 was released, and there's no sign of a jailbreak, there may never be one for the A5.

Unfortunately this is the sad truth.

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I think S Jobs wanted the Dev Team to worked harder for the jailbreak befor he left us. This are driving me crazy not having jailbreak on my 4s. I know how everyone felt. I hope the Dev Team get it done for all of us. Thanks to all the Dev Team for the pass jailbreaks.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner