Missing Contacts icon

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have upgraded 5 different iPhone 4 phones for my family to iOS 5. On two of them, after the upgrade, the Contacts icon is missing. The contacts are on the phone and I can see them in the Phone and Messages apps, and calls coming in display the caller-id info. The other 3 phones DO have the Contacts icon, and function the same way as those without it.

I've also upgraded two iPads and two iPods - all of them have the Contacts icon. Strange, eh?

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know how to get that icon back?

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Where is the utilities folder and if the contacts icon is there, how do I restore it to the home screen?

The Utilities folder should be visible unless you removed everything from it. In that case, the Contacts app should be visible (unless you moved it to another folder).

To move it out of the Utilities folder just move it like you would any other app: tap and hold the Contacts icon until all of the icons start jiggling, the tap and hold it again and drag it where you want it. Press the Home button when you are done moving things around.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay, a friend can't find Contacts icon in the Utilities folder. Where else might it be?

If it is not in the utility folder, it has been moved. From his home screen, swipe to the right until you see the search bar. Type in 'contacts'. If it is on the phone, you will see the icon and be able to access it.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have upgraded 5 different iPhone 4 phones for my family to iOS 5. On two of them, after the upgrade, the Contacts icon is missing. The contacts are on the phone and I can see them in the Phone and Messages apps, and calls coming in display the caller-id info. The other 3 phones DO have the Contacts icon, and function the same way as those without it.

I've also upgraded two iPads and two iPods - all of them have the Contacts icon. Strange, eh?

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know how to get that icon back?
Restore. That is really the only way to ensure you don't run into future issues. Also, make sure to set it up as a "New iPhone" and not restore using a backup.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Restore. That is really the only way to ensure you don't run into future issues. Also, make sure to set it up as a "New iPhone" and not restore using a backup.

umm do you know how to read? the OP had resolved his issue after the member below the original post made a suggestion

why people just skip over everything else bewilders me. man, this thread has a buttload of views!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73