Aaaaaand, I'm jailbroken again.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
You know, the only thing I'm missing a lot in iOS 5 with no JB, is the activator tweak to change songs with the "hold volume button up" and "hold volume button down".

If I could do that, I'll not jailbreak, as that's the only thing missing from my phone right now.

for me the only thing missing is a Brightness control slider in the multitasking bar (to the left of the music controls and rotation lock on the iPhone).

Honestly, the iPhone HAS physical volume control buttons. Why on earth is there a software slider buried in the multitasking bar? a brightness slider makes so much more sense there.

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys got a quick question. I finally did the tethered jailbreak today myself, My only question is, when you download things from cydia alot of them require a reboot. So do these install and after you boot tethered again that app will be there?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys got a quick question. I finally did the tethered jailbreak today myself, My only question is, when you download things from cydia alot of them require a reboot. So do these install and after you boot tethered again that app will be there?

correct, the app or tweak will be there. keep in mind not many apps/tweaks will require a reboot like before

one thing to consider, while loading new apps/tweaks, there is a Que feature within Cydia which will allow you to put them there and then load ALL when you're ready. the Queuing feature will be available right after you select Install of the tweak or app desired

what i typically do is Que everything i need and then do a tethered reboot after its done, EVEN if it does not require one. this way i know there should not be any issues that may arise

Reactions: aaron130

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
the beta version of biteSMS works great. although i found myself not using it as much as i used to. i was Pure for about 3 months and i guess i got used to the iOS 5 native system. this time around i did not load bite and do not miss using it. weird

i am really anxious to see how IntelliScreenX comes into play with my personal SMS needs

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I just can't bring myself to use a tethered JB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to feel that way...but then I realized that I never really need to reboot unless I want to. I'm not the type to load up a million tweaks that might lead to conflicts and forced reboots, and it hasn't been an issue for me at all.

I'd say try it out...you know you want to!

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I used to feel that way...but then I realized that I never really need to reboot unless I want to. I'm not the type to load up a million tweaks that might lead to conflicts and forced reboots, and it hasn't been an issue for me at all.

I'd say try it out...you know you want to!
I will never join the dark side!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

darkside.gif

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh, I'm still quite addicted to BiteSMS and that is half the reason I never went to iOS 5 Beta on my iPhone and only my iPad. I couldn't stand having to open Messages constantly.

Not being able to access the Notification Center from the Lockscreen seems silly to me as well.

All in all though, I love iOS 5 Jailbroken, even tethered. The extra notification center tweaks are quite handy as well.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Not being able to access the Notification Center from the Lockscreen seems silly to me as well.

completely agree. soon, it will be possible. that is one of many awesome features of IntelliScreenX. i hope to be rocking it next week!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
For people missing it now, a lot of the Notification Center features are available at the lockscreen by using LockInfo's Infoshade. Not sure what's out there for plugins these days, but this is what I used on 4.3.3 and I've just started setting it up again since we're not allowed to use NC at the lockscreen:

YBEgf.png

It's pretty similar to the default NC, but I'm sure the coming wave of jb tweaks will make using NC a lot more fun and productive once it comes to the lockscreen.

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

LOL. I felt the same was but finally broke down and did the tethered today and its really not too bad at all! I do have a question though. When the untethered JB is released, would i just run that JB right over what Im running now? Or do I have to restore stock and then do the untethered JB?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
It may depend on the jb method, but generally new jailbreaks have been incorporated into redsn0w; if that's the case here you'll probably be able to run the untether right over the tethered.

Reactions: aaron130

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal