mail folders / lables

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if you were able to edit and add folders (under accounts in mail app), on ios4, but have noticed this feature in the new update (ios5). When I go to add a folder for a yahoo account it works fine.
Now here is the part that I don't get. With my gmail set as exchange I can sync my contacts, but I cannot add a label. I get a message stating mailbox couldn't be created on the server. However, when I deleted my exchange gmail and set up as a typical gmail account, I can now add labels on my device and they are reflected in my gmail on the pc, but I loose the option to sync my contacts. Does anyone know if there is a way to get this to work for both? Is there a setting that I am missing in the exchange set up?

Also, does it matters if you have POP or IMAP enabled in settings of gmail account online?

Thanks,

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
What if you set up your contacts to back up via icloud and you icloud id is a gmail? Does this mean that the contacts are actually syncing with gmail?

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
For those interested, I believe I have found a work around for this. I have set up 2 accounts (for the same gmail) on my device. One is set up as an exchange account and one is set up as a normal gmail account. In the settings for the gmail account, I only have this to sync to mail. In the settings for the exchange set up for this account, I have it set to sync contacts and calendars, (no mail, otherwise you will get duplicate emails). Then go into your mail, contacts, and calendar settings. Set up your contact and calendar defaults for the exchange account. Then set the mail default to the google account.

Now I can have calendars and contacts sync via the exchange account. And I still get mail and can add new labes to my gmail using the google account on my device.

Using this method, all changes work well so far and are reflected in my gmail on the web via pc. I cannot see or no of any issues setting things up like this. If anyone knows of any issues I may run into, please advise. Otherwise, I hope this helps anyone else interested.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW