Do i need to unistall my jailbreak for ios5

xLAKESHOWx

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
just as the title states. i have greenpoison and running 4.2.6

did a brief search but wasnt able to find anything.

been browsing tipb since the verizon iphone was speculated but never joined.

thanks for any info guys

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
just as the title states. i have greenpoison and running 4.2.6

did a brief search but wasnt able to find anything.

been browsing tipb since the verizon iphone was speculated but never joined.

thanks for any info guys

Updating will wipe your jailbreak. However, Redsnow can jailbreak tethered for now. So, if you really wanted to keep your jailbreak, you could back up your Cydia packages, update, restore, then jailbreak and restore your Cydia packages.

xLAKESHOWx

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I havent really used much of the jailbreak features other than the pandora hack and a couple of apps that would be replaced by the stock apps.

Just wondering if i restore will it delete all my jailbroken apps and mods i have to my phone

Handlebars

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes it will get rid of your jailbroken apps if you restore to ios 5. The only way to have those apps is jailbreaking it . When you do restore put your phone in dfu mode before you do it.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes it will get rid of your jailbroken apps if you restore to ios 5. The only way to have those apps is jailbreaking it . When you do restore put your phone in dfu mode before you do it.

^^s/he's right. Also, as a word of caution, I'd avise restoring as a new device, if you can. A couple of times restoring after a jailbreak ended up dragging old stuff with it. At the very least, perhaps, uninstall your mods in Cydia first, then backup and update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro