Missing Features of iOS 5

deadringer28

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay so maybe I am completely out of my mind but these are the things that appear to have been not delivered in this release of iOS 5

1) Weather and Stock widget for iPad???
2) Ability to stay in the app store while downloading and updating apps??? Was sure this was mentioned back in June when iOS was first unveiled.
3) Being able to Zoom with the camera for still pictures appears to have disappeared.

Anything else that anyone can think of that should have been in iOS 5 and isn't.

By the way I may be out of my mind either way

iphone_guy

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
2) Ability to stay in the app store while downloading and updating apps??? Was sure this was mentioned back in June when iOS was first unveiled.
3) Being able to Zoom with the camera for still pictures appears to have disappeared.

1) they are not included in iPad
2) same thing happens on iphone still
3) try pinching? I think that was something they were talking about?

Reactions: deadringer28

deadringer28

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

1) they are not included in iPad
2) same thing happens on iphone still
3) try pinching? I think that was something they were talking about?

1) I think this would add a lot of value for the iPad - Hopefully they will consider adding them
2) No - On iPhone for iOS 4 and now in 5 if you update an app you are taken to the home screen in which the app is installed. My perception of the new feature was that you wold be able to update the app and stay in the store to browse some more ala WebOS
3) Thanks to everyone for the pinch to zoom advice. I guess that will work out about the same as tap then slide. I think I might like the pinch to zoom better. Time will tell.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My biggest disappointment was the one app I used faithfully was "Checkbook". It shuts off when I try to open the register. I am so ticked...I never carry a register anymore so I'm off to find a new app. I don't mind paying for an app if it works as well as "checkbook". As if last night wasn't headache enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Well I have to take that back. The developers state it's not yet compatible with ios 5. Now I have to find something that works. Ugh!

aaron130

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
My biggest disappointment was the one app I used faithfully was "Checkbook". It shuts off when I try to open the register. I am so ticked...I never carry a register anymore so I'm off to find a new app. I don't mind paying for an app if it works as well as "checkbook". As if last night wasn't headache enough!

Checkbooks + is fantastic

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch

Darran

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the abiility to create albums in the Photos app is wasted! If I move a photo into the album I want to be able to delete it from the camera roll, surely this is the whole point of having the new album but if you delete the photo in camera roll it also deletes it from the album! jokers!

deadringer28

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
So does anyone know why the ability to stay in the App Store while downloading an app was remvoed from iOS5. Hate that it pops out to the home screen and I have to go back into the app store each time I want a new app. \

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice