"Notification Center" still not showing facebook, twitter alerts...

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
after the official update of iOS 5 "Notification Center" still not showing facebook, twitter alerts can anyone temme why is this so i have to open their apps in order to see the alerts, its not coming in the lock screen nor in the home screen one, any guesses!!!

j0hnnyv#IM

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
That is strange... Every Facebook notification has popped up and been listed on notification center for me so far. In settings > notifications you have facebook set?

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
yeah thats very weird i have checked all the settings man all notifications are on but still its not coming :(

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
after the official update of iOS 5 "Notification Center" still not showing facebook, twitter alerts can anyone temme why is this so i have to open their apps in order to see the alerts, its not coming in the lock screen nor in the home screen one, any guesses!!!

Go to notification settings and turn on notification center for Facebook and Twitter.

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
in Settings - Notifications - Facebook (everything is on) still not working
can you temme whats the difference between: Sort apps: Manually or By Time?? its manually on mine should i make it by time will it make any difference??

Last edited:

CG68

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with my Gmail account not pushing my emails through on my iPhone. If I went in manually to check the email it would show up. Everything in Notifications was set correctly. I ended up doing a hard reset, deleting my account, setting it up again, and voila it worked. All notifications are working fine now-so far. The funny thing was when I downloaded and set up IOS 5 for my iPad 2 it worked flawlessly. All notifications came through perfectly.

ToddP0530#AC

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you force quit

Try force quitting twitter and facebook, but before doing that uncheck the facebook and twitter notifications. After force quit, recheck the notifications and then open the apps and see if that does the trick

isrararrafi

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
@isrararrafi: so it makes us two ah i thought its only happening on my iPhone :)

Well let's make it one of us now! Mine is working fine now. I would suggest quitting fb completely..go to settings and turn notification for fb off. Then quitting settings completely also and then go back and turn it on again..and the notifications should work from now on

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
nah man did everything it stuck now its freaking me out it was better before i dunno why the hell its not working!!!

wxologist

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I had problems with my Gmail account not pushing my emails through on my iPhone. If I went in manually to check the email it would show up. Everything in Notifications was set correctly. I ended up doing a hard reset, deleting my account, setting it up again, and voila it worked. All notifications are working fine now-so far. The funny thing was when I downloaded and set up IOS 5 for my iPad 2 it worked flawlessly. All notifications came through perfectly.

Just out of curiosity...do you get two audible alerts for incoming emails pushed through gmail? I seem to get an audible alert...then the notification alert comes up with another beep...its like beep beep beep alot. Trying to eliminate the multiple beeps.

harmony001

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I posted this elsewhere so I just copy/pasted it here:

I was having issues with the twitter notifications and did this...now it works fine. If you have more than one app for twitter (maybe FB too: mine was fine FB wise), you might have to delete all and keep just one twitter app. I had Twitter for iPhone and Echofon and none were notifying me. Once I deleted Echofon, Twitter for iPhone began notifying me just like it should. Let me know if it works for everyone!

I just joined the forum to share this because I was kinda frustrated with this small issue.

:)

Spfandnaf

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Try this in notification center under Each app your worried about.
Notification center. Off
Alert style. Alert
Badge app. On
Sound. On
View in lock. On

Maybe that will help. I had to do that for Skype in order for my phone to ring for incoming Skype call.

gator96

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
Twitter notifications

They don't work for me either. Everything is turned on. Tried turning the phone off then on, tried deleting and reinstalling the Twitter app. Don't get it.

gator96

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
Try this in notification center under Each app your worried about.
Notification center. Off
Alert style. Alert
Badge app. On
Sound. On
View in lock. On

Maybe that will help. I had to do that for Skype in order for my phone to ring for incoming Skype call.
Why would you turn the notification center off? Doesn't it need to be on to get the notifications?

sMhsn

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
yeah exactly why we have to turn the notification off?
but anyways for just once i received whatsapp notifications after it stuck again no messages again, it really sucks!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods