Select which calendar in notifications center?

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I have 3 different calendars that I use, 1 of which is usually turned off. Even if it's off in the calendar app it still shows up in the notification center. Any way to turn that off?

timtoggs

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I was trying to figure this out with the Birthdays.

Once you uncheck it from the Calendar app, try going into your Settings --> Notifications, then turning off Calendar, then turning it back on.

Let me know if that works. It's just a guess.

pilotnh

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I was trying to figure this out with the Birthdays.

Once you uncheck it from the Calendar app, try going into your Settings --> Notifications, then turning off Calendar, then turning it back on.

Let me know if that works. It's just a guess.

Nice guess, but nope. Looks like it was an oversight by Apple not giving us the ability to turn off visibility of certain calendars in the notification center.

Zazou

Aug 3, 2008
Visit site
Same issue here. Hopefully a fix/update will be released soon, pretty sure there's no option to change it in the current release.

Quintus

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. I have multiple employees in my business and multiple personal calendars for different things. I have access to all of these calendars via the Calendar app but many of them are turned "off" unless I need to access them specifically.

Notification Centre for calendars is useless for me as it is showing all calendar entries when it should be respecting the calendar settings I have in the app. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next OTA update. Fingers crossed!

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
yeah - this bothers me too. worked that way all through the betas. I would like it to only show the calendars which are selected in the calendar app.

Sharke

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe that Apple have screwed up so badly. Well actually, I can. They are always doing dumb stuff like this which shows how little thought they put into everyday functionality.

Of course you should be able to select which calendar(s) appear in the notification center. Otherwise, why would you even want to have separate calendars? Apple have not thought about how people use multiple calendar functionality. Typically, the user will have a calendar with which to plan their daily schedule, and other calendars with which to plan and arrange unrelated things. For example, like the poster below, I have multiple employees each of which has an appointment calendar. I need all of these on my phone in order to be able to take bookings for them on the fly. I don't need to see their appointments in the notification center, just my own. It really is quite ridiculous that Apple have persisted with this stupid design decision throughout the whole beta testing period and I have little doubt that beta testers told them time and time again that this was a bad idea.

Any doubt as to whether or not the user will want one calendar or multiple calendar notifications? GIVE THEM A CHOICE. It's as simple as that.

Another potentially great idea RUINED by Apple's incompetent design teams, who apparently don't think about real world situations.

In a similar way, they failed with the lock screen notifications. As soon as you unlock the screen, any notifications you had disappear from the lock screen, so they only appear there when you first get them. This completely and utterly ruins what could have been an incredibly useful feature - to be able to see an outlook of your current notification status without unlocking the phone. I was really excited about this, but true to form, Apple screws it up like the absolute geniuses they are. :mad:

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
In a similar way, they failed with the lock screen notifications. As soon as you unlock the screen, any notifications you had disappear from the lock screen, so they only appear there when you first get them. This completely and utterly ruins what could have been an incredibly useful feature - to be able to see an outlook of your current notification status without unlocking the phone.

Once you unlock the phone the notifications are listed in the Notification Center; all it takes is one swipe to see all of your notifications at a glance. And as you stated yourself, when the phone is locked the notifications do appear on the lock screen.

I must be confused.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro