No Upgrade from GM?

trevorjd14

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I plugged my iPod in yesterday, which already has the GM version of iOS 5 on it, and iTunes told me that I already had the most up to date version installed. Have other people had that experience?

I guess I just figured that something would have changed.

Thanks.

Steve28

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The GM version IS the release version. Thats why it's called GM "Golden Master" it's the version sent to the factory / warehouse to be burned on all the phones prior to shipment. Or in the olden days, it was the version sent out to the CD/DVD manufactures to be used to press the CD/DVDs.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The GM version IS the release version. Thats why it's called GM "Golden Master" it's the version sent to the factory / warehouse to be burned on all the phones prior to shipment. Or in the olden days, it was the version sent out to the CD/DVD manufactures to be used to press the CD/DVDs.

But sometimes it can be changed even though it's the GM.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The GM will be installed on devices at the factory at the same time it's sent to developers.

What can happen is a point release can be sent in a follow up to the factory as well, and in fact multiple releases may end up there this way. The GM will still be a production release however, even if it's not the only one.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox