Anyone else's battery literally draining before your eyes?

svk

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded to IOS 5 last night on my Iphone 4

Battery life has really really sufferered as a result.

I have everything turned off, like everything but still it continues to rapidly decrease

Any ideas to help?

Im not sure its sustainable like this

went to be with battery at 81% at 1am this morning. When my alarm went off at 6 am I had 12%!!!

Help

droid42

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded to IOS 5 last night on my Iphone 4

Battery life has really really sufferered as a result.

I have everything turned off, like everything but still it continues to rapidly decrease

Any ideas to help?

Im not sure its sustainable like this

went to be with battery at 81% at 1am this morning. When my alarm went off at 6 am I had 12%!!!

Help

Mine feels like it is now slightly heavier on the battery, but I wouldn't go as far as "literally draining before your eyes". Impossible to be scientific about it though.

Did you maybe add a location-based reminder? This would possibly have kept GPS on in the background and resulted in higher-than-usual battery usage...

Ian.

Rodeoz

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue with the GM. Then I restored the phone again setting it up as a new phone. That solved my problem.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
OK here on iOS5. 100% at 08:00 this morning and I have been playing hard and it's still on 87% at 13:15.

When I updated from iOS3 > 4 I had a bad battery drain. The only cure then was for me to restore AS NEW. That worked then and as already recommended, I think it will work for you now.

bgarrick87

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I woke up to mine (being on the charger all night as usual) to a battery only at 90%. Never happened before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrstdvd

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar issue with the GM. Then I restored the phone again setting it up as a new phone. That solved my problem.
So when I get my 4s should I hook it to iTunes and at least get it backed up on there or just wait for a problem to happen then restore it?

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
As posted earlier, my battery drained quickly. Some of you suggested to restore as new. Will I lose everything? Can you explain the process of doing this. Thanks

coryjeb

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine drained very quickly yesterday. Let it nearly run out, then charged back to 100% and it has been money ever since. I had to go through everything and make sure my locations, notifications, etc were all as I wanted them. This wasn't a exact transfer of previous settings for me; I had to toggle some things off and some things on...

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've heard about these issues as well, but haven't ran across any myself. Can't really say battery life is better or worse for me.

sudbury78

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine us brutal. Nothing us open at all. 100% to 89% is 10 minutes without any use. Won't be functional at this rate. If I sync to iTunes and then restore as new will everything be out back on my iPhone?

eurofocus

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I woke up to mine (being on the charger all night as usual) to a battery only at 90%. Never happened before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has happened to me numerous times on ios4, regardless of being charged overnight on the computer or on the wall plug.

As for battery drain, I have my phone setup as an existing phone, so I may try restoring the phone and setting it up as a new phone if it's worked for others to resolve the abnormal drain. In the same breath, i've read that it helps some people, and does nothing for others... so i'm gonna do some more reading on this.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Mine is nowhere near as bad as some of you are mentioning, but it definitely does seem to be a higher than usual battery drain for me. This COULD be because I updated and then restored from backup ( previously jailbroken backup to boot ), but I can't say for sure.

I'm going to upgrade my wife tonight and we'll see how her battery is after a typical day of use, and compare stats. That's when I'll decide if I should restore as new for me ( or both of us ). The only part I hate about restore as new is losing all my text messages & photos. I'll have to move my photos to an album and sync them, but 2 years of texts will be lost :(

jtanko78

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here. My device was at 90% when i went to bed last night. When i woke up it was as if the phone had shut off during the night and when it turned on i had 4%? Phone was locked and off all night just like any other typ night. Usually only lost like 2% if not less. Weird

If anyone does do a reset, please let us know how that works out. Thanks,