whats the status of Untethered ?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
cant use a tethered .. maybe for an ipad its fine. iphone no.. will have to carry my macbook with me also..just incase i need to reboot and tether again! not very practical.

Really how often do you have to reboot. Just don't go into Cydia and install new apps when your not by your computer, and you shouldn't really have to reboot. There may be a time when you do, but that's not too often and most of the time it can wait. I had no problems with the tethered JB for iOS 5 on the 4. I would put it on my 4s too if it was an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm on a tethered 4.3.5 because I couldn't stand stock iOS. I used to think what's the big seal with tethered how often do you need to reboot. However my wife's phone is on iOS 5 and yesterday it just rebooted for no reason. So what I think if it's your personal phone why not. If you depend on it for work or could find yourself in a situation where your phone is indespensible then the choice is yours.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
what do you guys think of this Devteam Jailbreak iOS 5 says it's got iOS 5 untethered. I don't usually trust outside of the usual sources snce I've been JBing for all these years. I haven't bothered to get the tool I'm still waiting on the real word.

Nevermind saw that it's talking about limited number of downloads and donations. I call scam on this one.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I always go on the basis that if tipb doesn't announce it on their main page, then it's a fake.

Plus if one were to really exist. It would be trending and buzzing on twitter.

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I hope they get out the untethered JB soon. I want to go to iOS 5 but don't want stock or tether. I'm not into having my phone dependent on a pc on a power up so I'll wait and stick with 4.2.8 for now.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I say go for it...tethered isn't a huge deal unless you're constantly downloading stuff on the go and/or installing unstable apps. Avoid those and do your Cydia downloads at home and you'll be fine.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
i need to reboot quite often.. once in 2 days.. and always when im travelling. i go in and out of signal all the time. so sometimes the EDGE/3g gets stuck or doesnt work till a full restart. cycling the airplane mode doesnt help. so for me tethered is not an option.. been using stock for 3 days no.. so far so good..
no withdrawal symptoms yet!! ;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha well i definitely would not say the Cat won but it seems to have been slow goings with the jailbreak scene

thanks to upcoming delta updates, my new anxiety will soon consist of me wanting to update but cannot due to the JB. this is where i feel the Dev Team will have their hands full and ultimately leave a lot of jailbreakers not up to date with the latest firmware/bug fixes. i'd be curious if it's possible for Apple to patch the current/ latest exploits used to jailbreak with these delta updates

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
For some reason I have a bad feeling about the untethered jailbreak not being able to be done on ios5 as well. That would truly suck if we were unable from here on out to not jailbreak our phones with untethered...

SMELTN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
yeah I am kinda worried.. I mean all this time they kept jailbreaking each beta as soon as it released, I was really hoping we would see an untethered the weekend after release..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well first of all there is now a semi-tethered JB thru Big Boss. I didn't keep the link but check redmondpie.com sure it's on there. So if your phone crashes or loses power the semi-tethered allows you to use iPhone.app, SMS, etc. The untethered is already ready but they were holding on to it so Apple doesn't fix it when they release it that is last I heard. Anyway this is not the first time I've heard people doubt the JB and each time it makes me wonder why everyone is always so quick to think that devs who make good money would just walk away like it was a flash in the pan. It has also been proven by Apple ripping off the ideas that it of some use to Apple. Anyone remember how longthe iPad 2 JB took? and yet now that we have it that all gets forgotten.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
im going to wait for the untethered... the semi tethered seems to have alot of short falls.its a good solution to those who are already jailbroken!

regarding untethered being ready.. i highly doubt it! if it was ready it would be out..
waiting for 5.1? then 5.2? then 5.3? makes no sense to wait.. all rumors in my opinion. just like the 2.10 unlock.that some people are still waiting for. dev team said after 4.3..it never happened!:(

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
The untethered is already ready but they were holding on to it so Apple doesn't fix it when they release it that is last I heard. Anyway this is not the first time I've heard people doubt the JB and each time it makes me wonder why everyone is always so quick to think that devs who make good money would just walk away like it was a flash in the pan. It has also been proven by Apple ripping off the ideas that it of some use to Apple. Anyone remember how longthe iPad 2 JB took? and yet now that we have it that all gets forgotten.

How do you know about the untethered status? Not doubting you, just curious.

Also, say Apple releases 5.2 (or whatever the newest ios5 will be), and then the dev team releases the JB, won't apple just fix it in 5.3? What's the logic behind waiting for the first update if apple would fix it in the following update anyways?

Anyways, I hope you're right, my 4s is full of untapped potential! Let's go Dev team!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro