Lost my purchased ringtones

justme71

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
After installing IOS5 on my VIP4 the ringtones I purchased from iTunes are gone.
They are still in iTunes, so I synced with a cable but they still didn't transfer.
Anybody have any ideas?

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Make sure it's set to sync them, when you hook your device up. Go to the summary pane, look for ringtones in the tabs at the top!

Mistress of Mischief

Mister869

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. I've tried both sync all ringtones and individually checking them all.
When my iPhone is connected to iTunes and I look under my iPhone / ringtones they are listed like they are on, but do not show up in sounds-ringtones on iPhone settings.
Not sure what else to try.

justme71

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Verwon, thanks for the suggestion, but I tried to sync both ways just as Mr869 has posted, but still can't find them. Feel better knowing I'm not the only one with this exact problem.

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you try finding them in iTunes, then just click and drag to the device? Are they in m4r format?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...wish I already had my iPhone to test!

My iPad didn't sync the ones I had, I had to click and drag to get it to work.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

justme71

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
verwon you are going above and beyond

Thank you again verwon. Tried to drag 'em over, but still nothing. Theses were purchased in iTunes and worked before the update so they should be in the proper format.

diaz1023

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
im having this same issue as well, i made the ringtones and they are in the proper format, they are in the ringtone folder on bothe the library and iphone in iTunes, but i am not able to find them on the phone. hopefully there is a fix soon

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
What a PIA this update's been for so many people!

There are other posts about ghost music, songs showing as on the device, but not in the music app.

I wonder if a restore would fix it?

Mistress of Mischief

MikeB43

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
My ringtones weren't showing on the phone. I removed them all and sync'd without any user created ringtones. The added them back all sync'd and work great. Even the shorter user created tones for text etc work fine now. I also experienced the 3200 failure and retried numerous times until update was complete.

Reactions: justme71

diaz1023

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
i did what mikeB43 did and that fixed the issue of the missing ringtones, but another thing i noticed was that the phone would continue to sync and sync, like if it lost connection and tried to start all over. I will see if there are other threads on this issue, thanks for all the help :)

justme71

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
MikeB43 that was the ticket. Such a weird way and waste of time to get them to work. Silly really.
Again though, THANK YOU for the help!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods