PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Been at this since 1pm

mrsstratyRN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
and still not working. The back up is painful, 2 hours and I have done all the tricks to not have such a long back up but they are not working. my husband is about to divorce me and I am hell bent on getting this to work tonight! I understand the having to try several times because the servers are overloaded BUT the back up is taking 2 hours for each time I try to update. The actual download only took 1 hour. I right click on the list where my phone is recognized and choose back up there and that back up takes 30 seconds....but when I choose update to os5 it still backs up first then after waiting 2 friggen hours.....I get an error message that cannot contact server!!! WTH????

Thaks for helping me out!!!! I have been lurking on this board ALL day trying to help myself to no avail.

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Stop the back up.

Do not update.

Pick "Restore" instead. That's what worked for me.

Restored it to the new software. LOL

mrsstratyRN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I think it may be working. It is restoring from my back up now but only took like 10 minutes once I clicked restore. When the phone came on it looked different, said iphone in big letters across the screen then I hit to restore from back up, so we shall see. But we are moving and not just sitting at back up like with the update button.

Thanks.

mrsstratyRN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
it worked!!!! YES!!! I have ios5 now. After I hit restore the whole process took about an hour or less. Took me 9 hours to get here....WOW....not impressed with that APPLE!!!

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
i have also been at it since 1:20pm

i can't get past the extracting software.... comes up with "iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temp. unvail. " WTH?? FOR 9 HRS???? I have unplugged, rebooted, reset, turned on and off, over and over and over... and still... same thing. i told three people to try it and they got it on the first try...... I'm considering trying again around 2am. maybe someone will go to bed and free up the server. lol

:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

mrsstratyRN

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
i can't get past the extracting software.... comes up with "iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temp. unvail. " WTH?? FOR 9 HRS???? I have unplugged, rebooted, reset, turned on and off, over and over and over... and still... same thing. i told three people to try it and they got it on the first try...... I'm considering trying again around 2am. maybe someone will go to bed and free up the server. lol

:(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Back up your iphone then hit RESTORE,,,NOT update! I have ios5 now from that process and I have EVERYTHING from before on my phone. Took me an hour from the restore button, it restores factory settings which will give you ios5, then you restore from back up.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried that - SEVERAL times.... it won't restore... it gives me the same message. :/ I've done "back up" and "don't backup", update, restore, put it in that dfu whatever its called mode to try to restore... i get the same message in restore " ..cannot be restored at this time because the iPhone software update server could not be contacted or is temp. unvail"...... AARRGGG..... I'm at my wits end now.... its been doing this same thing for 10 1/2 hrs!! :mad::mad: if i didn't love my iPhone so much, id throw it against the wall lol. :eek:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW