iPad 2 not charging with iOS 5

Tat2

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
So I did the iOS 5 update and all went well but when connected by usb to itunes, I get Not Charging for the battery status......anyone else have issues like this?

Jmeg8r

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
My iPad2 has never charged when plugged into my computer. I believe that is how it is supposed to be. I always plugin mine to the wall. It has been fine. I don't think a regular USB port can provide enough power for the iPad2.

Tat2

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
ah ok, my bad....still new to my ipad 2 and could have swore it charged just like my iphone when connected to computer with usb....thanks

diamonddialogue

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My iPad charges fine on the computer. Perhaps it's a USB issue.

Don't accept that he computer can't give it enough power. It should charge when connected. Make sure you're going directly into the USB port and not using anything else.

Jmeg8r

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I found this in the ipad2 manual:

Charge the battery: The best way to charge the iPad battery is to connect iPad to a
power outlet using the included Dock Connector to USB Cable and 10W USB power
adapter. When you connect iPad to a USB 2.0 port on a Mac with the Dock Connector
to USB Cable, iPad may charge slowly while syncing.
Important: The iPad battery may drain instead of charge if iPad is connected to a PC,
to a computer that?s turned off or is in sleep or standby mode, to a USB hub, or to the
USB port on a keyboard.
If your Mac or PC doesn?t provide enough power to charge iPad, a Not Charging
message appears in the status bar. To charge iPad, disconnect it from your computer
and connect it to a power outlet using the included Dock Connector to USB Cable and
10W USB Power Adapter.

Not all computers will charge the iPad2 through USB.

Here's the link to the manual if you would like to read it for yourself.
http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/ipad_2_user_guide.pdf

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It does charge, but if and only if the power button is pressed and the screen goes black.
It won't charge when the screen is active.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro