iOS5 took up about 8gb's of memory on my iPhone4 !!

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went from approx. 11.5 gb's available (settings-general-about-available) to 3.5 after update.

Anyone else have this issue?

edit: When connected to iTunes, 8.5 gb's is taken up as "other" (in yellow)

sorry . . . didn't mean to create another thread. I'll post this in an existing thread for iOS5

Last edited:

busyme

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Restore. Make sure it didn't import a lot of music/movies/photos that you originally didn't have on your phone. The software doesn't take up that much room.

Good luck!

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i just realized that mine took up 4.5gb. this is obviously not right...

EDIT: disregard. It went back to what it should be once i was done syncing :)

Last edited:

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I had the same issue ... about 8gb as yellow "other." I ended up unchecking picture and music sync and then rechecking and syncing again and all is fine now. Weird.

fire07

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Same problem, trying a restore now. I have to be up for work in less than 5 hours, so glad I decided to upgrade tonight...

The restore worked, and I made it to work on time (it's gonna be a loooong day).

The problem was weird - I had 2.3 GB free before the update; after, 2 GB, of yellow "other" appeared, leaving me 323 MB of free space. If I played with backup or media sync settings, free space would jump up to the original 2.3 GB, though the yellow memory indicator bar remained full, and that free space would just disappear again.

I get the sense this is a less common bug? I don't see too many complaints about this circulating...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner