Update Still Won't Work :(

Carsi68

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I Have Still error 3194... i have tried to update almost for 10 hoursss... Can anybody please helpmeee Pleaseeeeeeeee... For this question i have make an account... I want tooo smash my iphone to the wallll damnnnnnn

Last edited:

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my iPod touch 4th gen to install the update. Ugh this is a nightmare. None of my apps synced properly so I'm syncing them again so now they're all unorganized. Then somehow I ended up with 9gb of "other data" that better freaking disappear once this sync is finished. And on top of all this, I'm now seeing that none of my album artwork synced so all of my music is artworkless. What the hell, apple? I'm extremely disappointed in you right now. Setting up my iPhone 4s when it arrives better not be this freaking ridiculous.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the double-post but crisis averted, the "other data" disappeared. Now to fix the album artwork issue and I have successfully battled my way through the storm and into the glorious realm of ios 5.

Carsi68

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the iPhone iOS 5 to install. But I'm getting Error 3194 on a 4th Gen iPod.

"The iPod "xxxxxx" could not be restored . An unknown error occurred (3194).

Is this the same as Error 3200 on the iPhone?
Do you still have this error??? Im trying to update for 10 hours but i have still the same error 3194

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will help, but here goes.

I was able to update after the first attempt. Not sure if it made a difference but I made sure that my comp had all updates (iTunes 10.5 & OS X 10.7.2) shut down computer, turn on comp, then plugged iPod in, did usual sync and back ups. When that was done then check for updates and let it fly.

I haven't had any glitches or flaws or reattempts. REALLY hope this helps! Good luck!

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was getting this error also on my iPad. I also got a message that my iPad could not be restored. It forced me to restore to factory settings. Which I'm glad that I did because after I did the restore it booted up with os5. The whole process
was about 3 hours.

fidds

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Weird stuff. Anytime I do a wireless sync, it says I need to finish my restore or cancel it or delete back up. This isn't working that great. Not impressed!

zer0future

May 29, 2011
Visit site
For anyone getting that 3194 error, it happened to me and Verizon iPhone 4. I uninstalled all the apple software I had on my windows 7 computer and rebooted. Re-downloaded iTunes (took 40 minutes cause their servers are being decimated). While it was downloading I installed some windows updates that were pending .The download finished and I rebooted again to let windows update. I installed iTunes and rebooted again just to be sure and then opened it up and the update is going through as I am typing this.

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
how do I do anything though if my phone is stuck in startup and the Itunes does not show my phone?

This is what I used to get it back into recovery. Hope it helps!

1. Ensure that iPhone is disconnected from your PC or laptop and power it off by holding the Sleep/Wake button. Wait for it to be turned off.

2.This step is important. Press and hold the Home button while you reconnect iPhone to your PC or laptop using the USB cable. Keep the home button depressed until you see a pop up in iTunes saying that iPhone is in recovery mode. You can release the button at this moment.

3.Click ok and follow the rest of the instructions. Please note that NO backup of iPhone will be done at this moment as in the case of normal restore. iTunes will then proceed to restore iPhone using your previous backups.

MikeB43

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the 3200 error numerous times and eventually got my phone updated. Had to do the soft boot to get USB connection back. Restore didn't put music or videos back. Had to re-sync them.

User made ringtones wouldn't sync properly until I removed all user created ringtones and re-sync. Now I have Peter Griffin "Roadhouse" for text tone. This is a nice feature.

Had missing artwork in music and found that the artwork was missing on some songs. Manually corrected in iTunes and re-sync'd. This will cause problems with Match.

What happened to the ability to delete tracks from the player? Or was it not in beta?

Overall I'll give ios5 a thumbs up. iMessage is cool as is other updates. Nicely done.. :D

scruiD

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Another update:

If you still have error 3200 and the servers are still too busy you can trick around.

Usually the apple server needed to be contacted is gs.apple.com, some of you already know this NAME by editing their hosts file to redirect gs.apple.com to a saurik server to skip authentication.

The official ping -a result of gs.apple.com ends in a 17.11.x.x IP range, thats the too busy one.
The redirected gs.apple.com of saurik goes to 74.x.x.x IP range or similar but this does not register your iOS5 successfully.

But apple has a kind of "hidden" gs.apple.com also that is passed by their dns resolver, and this one was fine yesterday evening with a ping of 32ms and made the update within 1 attempt.

Short, edit your hosts file, uncomment all existing gs.apple.com redirects and add
17.151.36.30 gs.apple.com
(How to do this read on page 18 in my previous post, do not forget to reboot to get it active for iTunes)

Hope you all get iOS5, its nice :)

dougmcarthur

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Easy fixes: soft reset your iPhone/iPod. Restart your Mac (you ARE using a Mac, right?). open iTunes and try again. This process has solved most of my restore/update errors in the past.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Phew!
I finally got iOS5 installed. Not a restful experience. Gave up last night as kept getting error 3200. It worked this morning but struggled with restore.

Had to sync a couple of times to restore music and apps.

It's early days, but iPhone4 seems just a quick as before - thank goodness.
To early to comment on battery life.

dispatcher307

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I said screw it last night after 21 times of getting either a 3200 or 3194 error. I came to work this morning, plugged it in and it went the first time. It's still restoring my apps but so far so good.

EvilJack

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I Hav e still error 3194!!! Can somebody please helpmeeee????

Did you edit your hosts file as has been discussed somewhere in this thread? There was a separate thread for 3194 error but the genius mods decided to merge it into this 35 page mess.

MrFlowtastic

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
I Hav e still error 3194!!! Can somebody please helpmeeee????

I had the same issue all day yesterday. I swear I tried 100+ times. What ended up working for me is having the new OS installed on my comp then doing a restore and waiting the 2 hours to put all my apps contacts etc back on my phone. I advise doing a complete backup of your phone before trying this just in case anything happens :) be patient with it. Everyone was trying to get this OS yesterday so the apple servers were crazy overloaded

--MrFlowtastic --

Currently Running: iPhone 3GS
Blackberry History: 8703, 8830, 8330, 9500, 9700, 9800

Offer Phone Unlocks For $25! All phones available! PM For Unlocks! Take Payments Through Paypal!

edessad

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It Works

This worked for me

After hours of failing to get it to upgrade I took a chance at restoring my iPad using the following steps

1. Make sure you have downloaded the IOS 5 update file and know where it is, usually (Vista /7):

C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPad Software Updates

2. I ran a full back-up (not a sync) of my 4.3.5 OS iPad
3. Shift/Restore and navigated to the update file and let it restore. This will give you a factory clean IOS 5 iPad.
4. I ran the backup file mentioned in 2 above
5. Followed the IOS 5 setup procedure
6. Let it resync with iTunes. This takes some time depending on the amount of apps/music/photos/books, etc you have as it needs to resync everything back to the iPad (it DOES maintain your current folder structure on the Springboard)
7. I now have an IOS 5 iPad beautifully restored to my previous settings without having to reinstall my apps..:):):D:D;);):cool::cool:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR