Update Still Won't Work :(

swampbaby

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok got the iPhone all set up with iOS 5....and when I went to restore all my previous settings (music, apps) so on so forth.... I got an error message saying that iTunes couldn't restore from the previous backup because the previous backup was corrupt...WTF? How was that possible?

buggyman

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
my phone is still stuck in the turn on screen (for the last 5 hours). Itunes does not acknowledge my phone at all. I cant even turn it off. THIS SUCKS I called Apple and they were pretty much no help.

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
FINALLY it worked. have the restore in progress on my phone now. guess it really did need some time.

i need to be more patient. lesson learned :p

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Right now it says it's restoring my apps. Taking awhile but seems to be moving. Are the error messages people are getting before or after? Not sure if I still have an evening of headaches ahead of me.

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
Finally got it!!
Had to disable antivirus.

It said restoring apps, for a very long time, I got impatient and unplugged it, and got an error message, it was restoring, just very slow, been over an hourand half now, still going...

RockoBillyPDX

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
OK updated finally, through the restore option.

These are the things I heard and did:

- update I-tunes before you upgrade to OS5
- backup phone before upgrading OS5
- Switch USB outlets/ports
- Update windows software
- telnet "Ping gs.apple.com" to see if the connection was working, if not:
Also there could be an overwhelming amount of users to the update sever depending upon the "data loss" report on ping when you ping the server. If no loss, then check your computer hosts file for a block of gs.apple.com. (path is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc) on windows. If still no able to connect to it, turn off any firewall or security software running on your computer.

cinco312

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I finally got everything working!!! Did it through the restore process. Now I'm syncing my apps and then I'm finally finished. Only took me close to nine friggin' hours.

cgarside15

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
This sucks

I've been trying to install IOS 5 for 3 F*ucking hours. This is ridiculous. I've tried to install it on my ipod touch 4 on three different computers. All of them have gotten errors. I've tried all of them at least three times. Apparently it isn't apple's servers that's giving me these errors though. Instead, it's Apple's ****ty job at making an application update. I tried to update to itunes 10.5 on my pc (64) bit and guess what happened? The f*ucking installer froze during the last motherf*ucking second of the update. On my second computer, (very old 32 bit pc) my ipod refused to update to IOS 5 and said cannot connect to apple right now. On my 64 bit mac I do not have admin privalages to install itunes. If anybody can help me that would be great, but as of this point, Itunes sucks and i'm selling my ipod.

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Phone Updated But My IPad2 Error-5000 But Ok

IPhone 4 started update at 2:00 pm EST took aproxx 50 minutes update no problem.
IPad 2 Started Update 5:00 PM EST took 5 hrs completed with the error -5000 and if I continue I will loose all of my information..Well of course after waiting 5 hrs. I hit continue.. Well it then I gave me a choice of setting up a new Ipad or from my last back up this afternoon. I chose back up. It went through the restore process.. I thought that I would have to start from the beggining and reload IO5

Well to my suprise when it rebooted it had the new OS but no my apps. But to my suprise again all my apps were now in the cloud..? so I had to just reinstall them...:cool: I found them all under the purchased in the App program

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox